WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We need to expedite this effort by building highly available and distributed Infrastructure services in a heterogenous environment. With edge computing, Box's businesses have the potential to virtualize the cloud beyond the four walls of the data center. Workloads created in the cloud, including some of the more modern forms of AI and analytics, can now be migrated out toward the edge. Where appropriate, data generated at the edge can be scrubbed, optimized and brought back to the cloud. This smart Edge as a service is where you come in.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Manager of the Cloud Edge Engineering team, you will be responsible for the overall vision, strategy and execution on Edge as a service. The Edge team design, develop and operate the Global Edge that powers several of Box’s services and applications. The team is obsessed with providing the best in class Edge platform for performance, reliability, service optimization and scale leveraging Multi- Cloud, Containerization and more.
We are looking for an Edge Manager with deep understanding of programming, systems and networking skills. This leader must be an expert in the latest in Edge technologies and the best practices required to design and operate a software driven, fully automated and self-serviced Edge that operates at a global scale.
WHO YOU ARE
- Leading the Edge Engineering team including roadmap development, planning and execution responsibilities while providing guidance to the senior leadership team.
- Creating a vision and plan for the team to execute by targeting gaps and identifying innovation opportunities to resolve security, availability, scalability, performance, agility and cost efficiency challenges.
- Responsible for the operational health of the Edge and delivering sustained improvements.
- Working closely with customers and internal partners to drive technology roadmaps and invent new edge solutions in the multi cloud, hybrid connected world.
- Building a world class team by attracting and retaining industry leading talent.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in technology roles and 3+ years in a management/leadership roles
- Past experience running at scale DevOps/SRE teams for services that span the Edge,Network,DC,Cloud.
- Experience presenting strategic direction to company leadership.
- In-depth knowledge of Hosting, Systems, Networking and developing distributed services for provisioning, observability and day 2 support.
- Experience in modernizing tech stack in one of these teams- Edge/ DC/ Network and transforming to "as a service" model.
- Experience in agile management methodologies
Our engineers, managers and leaders are innovators and builders at heart. Join us and become integral to Box that is the present and future of Content Cloud Management.
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our