As the leader in cloud content management, our growth story is far from over. We are redefining the way companies work, share content and collaborate. We are on the hunt for a high energy, commercial contracts Lawyer that operates in cloud transactions and data privacy and protection. That's where you come in.
Who you are?
Based in our London office reporting to Legal Director EMEA, this Commercial Legal Counsel enjoys working on sophisticated technology contracts and driving business in a fast-growing environment.
This meaningful role encompasses a broad range of legal matters and includes drafting, negotiating and advising on strategic SaaS agreements with enterprise customers, with a secondary emphasis on advising on international privacy and data protection, including the GDPR.
What will I be doing?
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, primarily enterprise cloud sales contracts involving nuanced global data protection and privacy issues IP, and risk management.
- Support Box’s worldwide privacy and data protection strategies, with a focus on user and customer facing agreements and policies.
- Work with and provide actionable advice to business executives and other internal stake-holders on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues as they arise.
- Research legal issues, draft and update templates, policies, playbooks and other projects as needed.
What is Box looking for?
- Strong transactional background, with experience in negotiating, drafting and advising clients on technology-related commercial contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions, software licensing and cloud services.
- Knowledge and experience handling privacy and data protection issues and laws, including the GDPR.
- 3+ years as a qualified solicitor in England & Wales or another EU jurisdiction.
- Previous in-house experience at a B2B SaaS company working on technology-related commercial contracts
- Excellent judgement and ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage business expectations in a high growth environment.
- Tactful with strong internal and external negotiation skills.
- Must feel at ease interacting with a range of global customers from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises.
- Fast learning and self-starter with an outstanding record and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills, a great sense of humor and a desire to be a contributing member of a fun and supportive team.
- Strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity and business ethics.
Box (NYSE:BOX) is the cloud content management company that empowers enterprises to revolutionize how they work by securely connecting their people, information and applications. Founded in 2005, Box powers more than 96,000 businesses globally and over 70 percent of the Fortune 500, including AstraZeneca, General Electric, Eurostar and London Met Police . Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit http://www.box.com.