To support our customers' most technically challenging questions, we are currently searching for a Technical Support Engineer (TSE) to work with the entire portfolio of Box End Users, Admins, and Developers by investigating and resolving the toughest technical issues that enable our customers to be successful.
Technical Support Engineers are empowered to be a liaison between the Product Support and Engineering teams, providing escalated support in a "Tier 2" capacity for our customers around the globe. They actively screen and lead JIRA queues, tackle additional tasks to assist the Engineering team, support 'skunk work' projects to amplify and improve internal efficiencies, and assist the broader, global support team through direct customer case support/assistance and mentorship.
If you’re an ambitious, upstart engineer who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and interacting with people, this could be the position for you!
Why the team needs you
We're a customer-facing team known for our ability to isolate the root cause of an issue impacting a customer's experience in Box. We can speak the lingo of Engineers to effectively drive bug identification and translate it for the non-technical partners.
TSEs provide technical leadership, know-how and mentorship across product areas, by being a facilitator, advancing processes and building out knowledge. Ultimately, you are recognised as both a key escalation resource and a liaison with Product/Engineering. You will also connect into our global Technical Support Engineering team on Engineer-related investigations and tools, as well as participation in global on-call rotation to ensure our customers are kept up and running.
As our customer base grows and rapid changes are made to our existing and future product offerings, we need TSEs to support our continued effort to deliver customer delight.
Why you need Box
Box is at the forefront that of transforming how people and enterprises collaborate - but that doesn't happen automatically. Changing the way people work takes time, effort, and planning. Our success depends on our customers' success and both technical and non-technical complications can unintentionally derail this path.
That's where you come in.
Who you are
- You're a great teammate that collaborates well with other support tiers and colleagues of varying experience.
- You're a proven mentor for other team members on areas that include obtaining and analysing additional information from customers to support first-level resolution.
- You are ready and willing to jump on issues and take ownership with widespread customer impact, confidently providing representation, as appropriate, with multiple internal stakeholders.
- You can build valuable relationships with the customers via clear, concise and professional communications.
- You can distinguish between technical/non-technical users and are able to diversify your approach depending on the audience.
- You can employ both empathy and ownership in customer interactions.
- You are able to improvise, think creatively, and find solutions/workarounds to tricky problems, especially in cases when the product may not align with customer expectations.
- You possess a strong desire to learn and grow with the ability to apply those learnings on customer cases.
- Your north star is a focus on always seeking to solve the problem at hand and preventing the next.
- You have a desire to partner and build relationships with Product Teams to gain expert-level knowledge.
- You have the capacity and knowledge to act as an escalation point and investigate complex/corner issues including advanced network/firewall/proxy configurations, debugging complex desktop environments and system registries, SSO configurations, and Platform/API related errors.
- You exemplify outstanding approaches to identify, develop and deliver training/mentorship to benefit all areas of Product Support and Customer Success.
- Degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering or an equivalent history of related experience required
- 3-4 years related experience preferred, inc. 2+ years of experience in working with customers in a technical role with a focus in advanced network, desktop troubleshooting, or SaaS technologies.
- Significant level of comfort interacting with a high volume of customers over a variety of channels (phone, email, web-based screen-sharing)
- Experience with JIRA, Zendesk or other bug tracking tools.
- Intermediate experience coding in an object-oriented language (Java, C++, .NET, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Intermediate SQL knowledge.
- Advanced network knowledge and ability to analyse packet captures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A European language is preferred (French or German)
Here's the fine print...
- 20% + year on year growth
- 97% approval rating of our CEO Aaron Levie and 4.5 culture rating (via Glassdoor)
- Fantastic and diverse bunch of colleagues (..well across Europe we have 31 nationalities including Andorra)
- Active social calendar and communities, including Box Women's Network and PRIDE.
- Flat organization: easy access to talented Directors, VPs and above
- Culture of learning - we value continued development at Box. Host a number of workshops regularly from unconscious bias and radical candor.
- Box.org: Plentiful opportunity for you to give back and provides nonprofits resources they need to innovate and fulfill their mission. Each Boxer has 3 x charity days a year to your chosen community.
Benefits package that includes pension, medical and dental cover. We have a robust wellness program including 25 days of vacation (plus your birthday off!) and gym membership. There is such a thing as a free lunch, our inhouse chef prepares this daily along with lots of snacks and drinks. EMEA HQ office is located in the impressive White Collar Factory on Old Street; we also have European offices in Germany, France, Netherlands and Sweden.
Box (NYSE:BOX) is the cloud content management company that empowers enterprises to revolutionize how they work by securely connecting their people, information and applications. Founded in 2005, Box powers more than 90,000 businesses globally and over 70 percent of the Fortune 500, including AstraZeneca, General Electric, Eurostar and London Met Police . Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit