This is a highly visible position that requires extensive interaction with senior executives and staff members across sales, marketing, product management, finance, support, legal, and professional services. Success in this role will require establishing a close relationship with key members of these groups, building on collaboration and business thinking skills to assess requests and find solutions that meet partner needs. A successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to proactively and effectively work together with all organizational levels within a fast-moving high-technology company, particularly interfacing between Sales teams and internal cross-functional partners.
- Provide business, pricing, product knowledge, and analytical support to sales for large, complex, non-standard transactions
- Streamline and automate the process for non-standard deal approvals, e.g. thresholds and rules, approver roles and responsibilities, approval routing and workflow design, automated exception alerting and communications, and the creation of a hierarchy of special terms, tips/techniques and recommended workarounds
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with critical business partners (e.g. Revenue Recognition, Legal, Finance, etc.) expedite the review and approval process.
- Identify potential training issues and coordinate with internal teams to develop and deliver sales enablement tools (e.g. Product and Pricing FAQ’s, Sales Approval templates, etc.).
- Proven leadership skills to continually streamline and improve practices, including tools, templates and processes, to support and efficient and effective deal desk
- Participate in the integration planning and execution process for new lines of business (e.g., Platform, Channel). Develop operational readiness plans and assess quoting readiness. Oversee tool enhancement activities, drive testing plans and deliver functional tools to the deal desk teams.
- Work with deal support teams (e.g. Legal, Revenue Recognition, Finance, etc.) to address complex pricing/commercial terms and provide options to enable sales to address and overcome customer objections while maximizing revenue/bookings.
- Engage with designated sales teams to provide pricing and deal structuring guidance
- Function in sales advisory capacity to coach sales on objection handling techniques, contractual options, and standard business terms.
- Function as a sales advocate to liaise with Legal and Finance business partners to address/resolve sales impediments.
- Facilitate the sales approval and/or “standardized” contract document generation processes. Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous consulting, financial analysis, legal, sales operations, order management and/or pricing background preferred.
- Strong motivational, coaching, & mentoring skills.
- Self-starter, highly analytical, with sound decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to foster & maintain strong partnering relationships with sales and internal departments
- BS/BA required
How we show up in our values and behaviours:
Blow our customers minds: making sure our customers are always wildly successful with Box.
Take Risks. Fail Fast. GSD: ruthlessly prioritize and pull the plug when something is not working.
10X it: strive for breakthrough vs incremental progress.
Be a owner. it's your company: hold yourself accountable.
Be candid and assume good intent: focus on getting to the truth and not winning arguments.
Bring your whole self to work every day: feel comfortable being who you truly are.
Make mum proud: do right by your colleagues, customers and community.
Here is the fine print..
- 20% + year on year growth.
- 97% approval rating of our CEO Aaron Levie and 4.5 culture rating (via Glassdoor).
- Fantastic and diverse bunch of colleagues (..well across Europe we have 31 nationalities including Andorra).
- Active social calendar and communities, including Box Women's Network and PRIDE.
- Flat organization: easy access to talented Directors, VPs and above.
- Culture of learning - we value .continued development at Box. Host a number of workshops regularly from unconscious bias and radical candor
- Box.org: Plentiful opportunity for you to give back and provides nonprofits resources they need to innovate and fulfill their mission. Each Boxer has 3 x charity days a year for your chosen community.
We have a robust wellness program including 25 days of vacation (plus your birthday off!) and gym membership. There is such a thing as a free lunch, our In-house chef prepares this daily along with lots of snacks and drinks. EMEA HQ office is located in the wonderful White Collar Factory on Old Street, smaller European offices are in Germany, France, Netherlands and Sweden.
Are you ready? Hit apply now and you will hear a response within three working days.
Box (NYSE:BOX) is the cloud content management company that empowers enterprises to revolutionize how they work by securely connecting their people, information and applications. Founded in 2005, Box powers more than 90,000 businesses globally and over 70 % of the Fortune 500, customers include AstraZeneca, General Electric, Eurostar and London Met Police . Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit http://www.box.com.