Product Localization Manager
Box is looking for an enthusiastic Product Launch/Localization Manager for Japan. The ideal candidate will be responsible for Product Launch and Build/Optimize processes for successful launch of Box products and services for Japan. During product launch, the successful candidate in this role will need to interface with a wide range of functions within Box which includes Product and Engineering teams at HQ, Sales, Sales Engineers, and Customer Success teams in Japan. In addition to the above, since Box Japan is t rapidly expanding its presence in Japan, we are looking for a great team player who is passionate about Box offerings and can accelerate our product to become more valuable to our users.
- Product Launch in Japan.
- Contribute to products by identifying Japanese market opportunities and clarifying product vision and strategy
- Work together and coordinate with other teams (both US HQ and Japan) for successful launch.
- Product/Service launch for local partners.
- Document processes and detail of each release and manage the information related to Products and Services.
- Effectively communicate with internal (both US HQ and Japan) and external stakeholders to share the up to date project status, schedule, and specs as needed.
- Build processes which are necessary for product launch (and services related to the product) in Japan.
- Release management - need to coordinate w/HQ about Japan specific requirement and timeline, such as
- External communication schedule
- Box Community article handoff date from HQ, Trans/review/publish in Japan
- Spec exploring/confirmation and have them incorporate to US master release schedule
- Optimize processes for existing Products and Services.
- In addition to the above, be responsible/provide support for the items below as a part of Product team in Japan
- Represent localization and internationalization perspective during project planning and decision-making
- Translate and Review UI/Technical contents and our website
- Product feedback control (Escalation to HQ, Communication with internal/external customers) - Understand customer needs and gather product requirements
- Beta management
- QA testing
- EOL communication to local partners/customers
- Reporting, testing and tracking of software bugs
- Assist other Product team members as needed
- Budget tracking
- Support translation projects coordination with external vendors
- Native in Japanese, Fluent in English.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Japanese culture and customs.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in both Languages as above.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- 3 years+ Product Launch experience in a technology company.
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology and the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Solid understanding of bug life cycle and bug/defect tracking system
- Deep experience in SaaS type services.
- Have broad experiences in multiple browsers and versions - Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE for Web - as well as mobile platforms (primarily iOS and Android).
- Deep understanding of customer’s IT environment.
- Flexibility, ability to work independently, fast and to multitask.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Problem solving experience, and excellent business judgments and an ability to prioritize things in a clear and compelling manner.
- Experience and/or interest in Enterprise software tools, and/or cloud-based SaaS products.