Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Location: This is a remote based position and can live anywhere within the United States, within 1 hour of a major airport with the ability to travel 70%+ including overnight travel.
Axon VR is a new initiative within Axon, focused on the use of virtual reality training technology for domestic law enforcement and public safety.
Our Account Executives are responsible for partnering with Axon’s broader US sales team to sell Axon VR products and services to all sizes of state and local law enforcement agencies, in an external field position. They excel at articulating complex solutions, building successful senior level relationships, and selling complex technical solutions in an emerging market. Account Executives also provide technical and administrative product information, demonstrations, and/or product training.
At Axon, our goal is to make you feel valued for your contributions to the company’s mission: protect life. We are looking for intelligent people who are passionate for technology and making huge impacts within the public safety industry. Every single day we strive to build an environment where people can succeed in their role and enjoy coming to work.
This is a quota carrying position. We are looking for passionate and driven individuals who want to achieve remarkable goals while striving to create an environment where people can succeed and enjoy coming in to work every day.
What You'll Do:
- Work with existing Axon Account Executives to craft bundled or staggered sales strategies that maximizes Axon’s solutions footprint at each agency
- Manage your defined territory by building pipelines, closing new deals, and continuously learning and understanding what problems Axon can help agencies solve
- Work with internal and external partners to establish relationships and help influence the Dispatch and Records products that Axon is building
- Develop and maintain client and partner relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth
- Own and build relationships with regional and national trade organizations such as NENA, APCO, and IACP
- Accountable for individual expense budget management
What We Need:
- Able to travel 70% + (3-4 days a week on the road) including overnight travel
- 5+ years successfully exceeding quota selling SaaS solutions to enterprise and/or government agency customers (experience and knowledge of the public safety and law enforcement market is a plus but not required)
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales cycles, work with multiple stakeholders, uncover known and latent pain, and articulate ways that you can solve that pain (i.e. value)
- Experience with training applications is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to sell disruptive solutions into an existing competitive market
- Experience with executive level engagements and communication
- Able to clearly and directly articulate complex solution offerings across technical and non-technical audiences
- Data management experience using Salesforce (preferred) or similar CRM
- Strong understanding of Virtualization and Cloud
- Entrepreneurial spirit ready to dig in and disrupt a competitive market
- Working knowledge of PSAP and Law Enforcement procurement processes and organizational needs is a plus but not required
- Startup experience
- Team Player: collaborate with various team members regularly
Benefits that Benefit You:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.