Our International Logistics team is looking for an Import/Export Operations Manager in Mexico, in our Middle Americas Zone.
This role ensures secure & smooth Import/Export processes for our Middle Americas Zone (MAZ) Operations. You would collaborate closely with our Global Planning and Operations teams, our domestic team, and Zone Business Service Center to anticipate and resolve operational issues that may arise. You execute with excellence to Achieve Service Level Domestic and days of inventory at destination, controlling our demurrage & detention costs, increasing Weight per shipment and manage any escalations.
You would develop strategies to analyze and improve performance, contributing to our continuous process improvement and communicating this and other key results across the business to drive transparency and visibility for key stakeholders.
The role is based in our regional headquarters in Mexico City, Mexico and we require work authorization for Mexico.
Here’s what you would be doing
- You lead in providing secure smooth operations for Import/Export in MAZ
- You collaborate with Zone Supply organizations and Zone Logistics teams to realize improvements in our variable industrial and logistics costs, service levels, customer satisfaction, Weight per shipment, and demurrage & detention.
- You drive quality improvements and complaint reduction, managing the various escalations related to Export/Import MAZ
- You prepare regular performance and budget analysis and update key stakeholders
- You create visibility on inbounds and outbounds, and check against maximum capacities
- You are the primary contact for our management system for warehousing in Middle Americas
- You drive continuous improvement in our processes, reviewing internal and external benchmarks, performance data, and customer feedback to identify opportunities to improve quality, service, and cost within the company to help us measure and grow on critical KPIs
- You identify improvement initiatives and lead implementation in collaboration with the zones Domestic teams and International teams
- You support Import / Export Cross dock operations in terms of service level, productivity, quality, and safety.
You have these key skills, knowledge, and attributes
- You have a university degree and/or a complementary advanced level degree in a relevant field such as Supply Chain, International Business etc.
- You probably have around 3-5 years professional experience in Supply Chain, with roles in Business Service Centers or Logistics teams
- You are analytical and systems minded, being comfortable in Microsoft Office & SAP applications
- You have a professional standard of English and other languages would be an asset
- You are great at building relationships and credibility with leaders, your teams, external stakeholders, and peers
- You communicate well with stakeholders delivering impactful messages, negotiating, and influencing outcomes
- You embrace change and thrive working with a high level of independence in a continuously evolving environment
- You can creatively solve business problems pragmatically and at speed – identifying root causes and leading continuous improvements and learning
- You are an owner. You take results personally, act with accountability and transparency and a bias for action
More about us
Brewing is not just a job, it’s a passion.
We’re about more than just credentials. At AB InBev and in our Global Supply Chain team we want people who believe in our culture, our values, and Dreaming big. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results.
We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.