Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
Most weeks there is a new technical presentation by members of engineering on technology topics of the speaker’s choice, this is a great way to learn and also optionally contribute your own presentation.
We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Working on different aspects of the core product and associated tools
- Assisting with in-life maintenance, testing, debugging and documentation of deployed services
What you will bring
- Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
- We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
- Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
- But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
- We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
- We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
What is required for application
- Experience working highly scaleable restful API services
- Serverside development with a focus on backend services using node.js
- Experience working with real-time projects.
- Experience scaling both within and across data centers.
- Expertise in using Couchbase on large scale projects
- Analytical approach to performance and a desire to get as low level as it takes to scale efficiently.
- Enjoy the challenge of debugging large scale distributed systems.
- Any WebRTC or VoIP experience is a bonus.
- Experience with SocketIO and restify libraries
- Experience with Pairing and agile
- Experience in writing TDD and BDD style tests
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups (hackathon, tech talks, engineering happy hour, ping pong championship for businesses in Shoreditch, etc)