As a Vonage software Architect, you will build the infrastructure and business logic for next generation unified communication platforms.
You will be in charge of developing software solutions that serve millions of users and businesses in their day to day communication needs, by specializing in end-to-end development , including call processing, media handling, and BL for account and user management.
You will be the architect, designer, and coder of your project, and take part in developing next-generation technologies that change how people communicate. We challenge our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
We are looking for a Software Architect to join our team. As part of this role, you will :
- Be hands on, drive and own your projects and features,
- Be ready to work closely and collaborate with development and product teams.
- Define and drive the evolution of our core platform and the shared services portfolio enabling our engineering teams to deliver at scale
- Own and guide key aspects of our architecture, articulating principles, system constraints and qualities to enable development teams to come up with great solutions
- Be a strong communicator, able to coordinate and balance the needs of multiple functions and share best practices widely
- Be a strong advocate for agile and lean software development practices, including intentional architecture, evolutionary design and continuous delivery
- Have strong refactoring skills, particularly in evolving large scale software platforms
As an ideal candidate, you:
- Have great communication and facilitation skills
- Have a proven track record with meaningful technology impact (SU experience -advantage).
- Have strong development skills in at least two languages, polyglots a plus
- Be skilled in fast paced development environment and frequent delivery context
- Have strong understanding of Agile, Lean principles
- Have a strong background in delivering Software as a Service (SaaS) in a cloud based environment, preferably on AWS
- Be a strong advocate for user and developer experience.
- Understand managing data at scale in a distributed environment
- Bachelor degree in CS or related field - preference will be given to top class graduates from leading universities
- 8+ years of hands-on coding and software design experience
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Cloud Environments like AWS or Azure
- Experience with Async/Multiprocessing/multithreading
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with agile methodology and a fast paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies