At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. Our community of 67 million users has saved more than 173 million meals from going to waste across 17 countries, but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
Globally, more than a third of food is wasted, and climate experts agree that combating food waste is one of the most important things we can do to address the climate crisis. For us, it’s simple: the bigger we get, the better placed we’ll be to make a huge difference.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to join us in the fight against food waste. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional People & Culture Manager to join us in our Berlin office and to lead our People & Culture operations across Germany.
Reporting to the Germany Country Director you will manage the market’s day-to-day HR operations in our Berlin office and for the remote working experience.
As the People & Culture Manager you will be the go-to person for all employees, and work with our local leaders, the regional P&C Business Partner and People Operations Lead to implement initiatives, guidelines and processes.
- Partner with our Country Director to ensure effective delivery of country specific People & Culture initiatives.
- Manage our People & Culture Coordinator, Talent Acquisition Specialist and Office Manager, taking responsibility for their performance, development, engagement and well-being.
- Be accountable for compliance with country specific frameworks, payroll administration, employment law, and updating of local employee handbook sections.
- Devise a smooth operating process for HR Administration activities aligned with the global organisation and People Operations Lead, while making sure we comply with all local regulations.
- Manage employee relations matters, including managing disciplinary, grievance and poor performance processes to resolution.
- Work with local leaders and People & Culture Business Partner on development and retention of key talent.
- Work with People Operations and Legal to ensure our contracts are fit for purpose, and our policies and processes are fair and communicated clearly.
- Ensure that new joiners receive a full introduction to our culture and values and have all the necessary tools to be a successful Waste Warrior from day one.
- Understanding of employment law and HR policies in Germany.
- Relevant experience in a mid-senior HR-related role across the whole employee life cycle, including experience with contracts, payroll processing and an excellent working knowledge of employment law and employee relations.
- Experience in managing employee relations matters, including managing disciplinary, grievance and poor performance processes to resolution.
- Previous line management experience is useful, but not essential.
- Full professional proficiency in English and German.
- Strong organisational skills with a knack for structure and clarity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous HRIS exposure.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1500 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary.
- Additional benefits like edenred+, Urbansportsclub and company pension planning.
- A beautiful, green office in the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-AS1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.