At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
40% of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, with 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste.
We are a social impact company and through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value.
But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste, so alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We are growing fast, with our community 81 million users in 17 countries. Together, we have saved more than 272 million meals from going to waste since we started - but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve. That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team - and that is where you come in! We’re looking for a German speaking Sales Trainee to join our team and support with the development of Too Good To Go from January 2024 onwards! This is a full-time 6-month internship (with possibility of extension to 1 year).
This role can be based out of St. Gallen, but requires you to be in our Zürich office 2 days a week.
Sounds like your kind of mission, but what will it entail?
As a Sales Trainee you will play a crucial role in growing our mission by pitching our amazing concept to our future partners.
- Expand our sales network by contacting partners in the German speaking part of Switzerland and get them to join Too Good To Go. They’ve already heard of us!
- Use your strong communication skills to persuade and negotiate with reluctant partners to explain just how awesome Too Good To Go is and the win-win-win for everybody.
- Onboarding of new partners and becoming their main point of contact to maximize their Too Good To Go experience throughout the starting phase.
- Work closely with inbound and outbound sales to ensure a streamlined and efficient approach to ensure a top of the class experience for new and existing partners.
- Encourage newly joined partners to spread the word about Too Good To Go
- Attend networking events where you know potential partners will attend. You will be the go-to person in your area when talking about how to reduce food waste.
- You have full business proficiency in German (C2) with a strong command of English; French is a big plus!
- You have a passion for sustainability and fighting food waste with a “we can change the world mentality”
- You are interested in developing a career in sales and reaching targets is a motivation to you
- You’re focused and organised: you love to get things done in an efficient manner
- You are a natural communicator who listens and understands the needs of our future partners and has the answers and solutions to their needs
- Your excellent people skills enable you to quickly connect and establish a relationship with our partners
- You are customer service driven who is happy to spend the day talking on the phone getting new partners onboarded
- We win together
- We raise the bar
- We keep it simple
- We build a legacy
- We care:
What we offer:
- An trainee program that supports your professional growth with autonomy and impact
- Join a certified B Corp company with a strong mission, full of passion and talent, with the ambition of changing the world (and yeah, we mean it!)
- The experience of being part of a fast-growing international company active in 17 countries
- Space to develop your ideas and your career in a multicultural team, in a fast growth company
- Flexible working environment with a cool city office and a team that is inspiring and passionate
How to apply?
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.