Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 10% - That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced.
Our app connects consumers to surplus food from local restaurants and grocery stores, such as pastries, fresh produce, sushi and more, which would otherwise be thrown away.
Too Good To Go is looking for a Backend Developer to join our company, working within our Retail Technologies Solution, focusing purely on the FoodMemo platform, to effectively support retailers in reducing in-store food waste. This comes after the exciting announcement that we have recently acquired CodaBene, A French Tech start-up, with the same mission as us; fighting food waste!
We are searching for a Software Engineer to work on optimising our cloud architecture to support our solution in line with growth and scalability.
You will work to implement a flexible architecture that enables us to connect to our customers’ variety of APIs, deploy necessary APIS for mobile applications/dashboards and monitor full API performance. You will do this whilst collaborating with the data team to record and analyse data transmitted by our applications and customers.
- Python (Django)
- Celery / RabbitMQ
- Sentry / NewRelic
- AWS S3
- BitBucket Pipelines
- Git (BitBucket)
- Proven experience in a Backend and Cloud development role.
- Solid experience in Python (Django), PostgreSQL and Cloud architectures
- Is hungry to make a difference.
- Enjoys actively participating in a cross-functional product team.
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1200 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
Now that we have caught your attention, it is time for you to catch ours. Please make sure to include your English resume and a simple 1-page cover letter telling us why you are the right fit for us. All applications are continuously evaluated by real people!
# We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
# We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
# We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
# We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
# We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
How to apply
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
Submit your CV and Cover letter in English telling us why you are the right fit for this position.
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-RS1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.