**** Been fluent in French and Mandarin is mandatory for this internship ****
1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste and present in 17 countries now. We reduce food waste by making surplus food from any food stores available to citizens. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe, with over 32 million meals saved just in France!
We have big, big plans to grow rapidly and build an always stronger and bigger team of the most engaged and talented Waste Warriors always in order to fight against food waste.
So, are you a sales passionate? Do you find it a challenge to approach as many food locations as possible with your sales skills and convince them to take action against food waste ? (if so, continue reading)
As an Outbound Sales Specialist Intern, you will be working in tandem with the Outbound Sales Manager in charge of the Chinese segment, and are responsible for approaching and convincing as many Chinese food outlets (restaurants, fruit & veg stores, etc.) as possible in France.
- Contributing to the development of a strategy to build a robust network of Chinese food outlets in France (identification, sourcing, prospection, referrals) .
- Mapping & Building a network: Mapping out TGTG opportunities, connecting and creating strong relationships with all potential partners; pitch in merchant associations or create interactions on WeChat for instance.
- Prospecting and negotiation: Build a perfect knowledge of your prospects; by investigating by phone, by going onto the field or by any other creative way in order to offer them the most suitable offer to convince them to join Too Good To Go and fight against food waste!
- Onboarding: make sure that stores give us all necessary information so you can add the account on the app, follow up through reporting and data, setup corrective actions to improve food waste reduction performance. You may organize in-store training sessions for the launch of Too Good To Go.
- Following up with the stores: you will keep the relation with the store to set things up well with them and maximize their impact - create a real ambassadors network and make sure they use our solution in the best way possible.
- Being a point of reference and expertise within TGTG on the Chinese segment, and participating in cross-team projects related to this market. You will be contributing to continuously generating new leads, partnering with more stakeholders, learning more on their habits, and understanding better their needs, by working closely with other departments of TGTG: Marketing, Partner Care, Success; and with TGTG in other countries, with whom you will be sharing learnings and best practices.
- Creating and animating TGTG communities on social networks. You will be spending a lot of time on WeChat! But also Instagram, Facebook and other social media that can help us reach more potential partners, create brand awareness and achieve a bigger impact everyday!
- Having a strong experience in Outbound Sales in charge of a specific scope is appreciated
- Already having contacts with stores in the targeted segment and having an experience acquiring partners via WeChat is a BIG PLUS
- You love being alone on the road and convincing people is passion
- Holding a driver’s license & a car is a nice-to-have and you feel comfortable driving
- You never give up, you have a high-energy, honesty, efficiency and result-oriented working style
- You are independent, an amazing organiser, know how to efficiently prioritise tasks and how to handle several projects at a time
- You have the ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches, excellent commercial acumen
- You have a sense of community and you know how to engage people
- Self-motivated you need & love to be challenged
- You are structured, organised and rigorous
- Great persuasive force along with good listening
- You’re fluent in French and Mandarin, and comfortable in English
You should have:
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you know that food waste is a big beast to fight and that we can do it only if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego.
- You care, always look out for our consumers, our partners and colleagues. Caring is also about the way we do business. You do the right thing and eager to make yourself and people grow
- You want to raise the bar, we have sky-high expectations and we shoot to exceed them. This means taking big bets and demanding excellence from ourselves and others. We always push for more. Every single time. You work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- You know how to keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple. We want to keep it that way. You only see solutions and know how to break problems into smaller bits.
- You want to be part of building a legacy: we’re doing big things and we know it. We have an incredible opportunity to inspire the world and we’re proud of the change we’re driving. This place is special and we enjoy being part of the ride every day.
What we have to offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 650 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply?
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go
- Submit your CV in French.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.