Smartsheet is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing Accounting Team. You will provide accounts payable support for Smartsheet - an increasingly complex, high-growth SaaS company with expanding international operations.
Smartsheeters truly stand out. It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are supportive, driven and committed to being a part of Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership is composed of executives with deep experience who are committed to maintaining an environment that promotes personal and professional growth as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in the vision of the company.
This position reports to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable located in Costa Rica.
- Ensure receipt of all vendor invoices and route for required approvals
- Collect W-9 and remittance information for new vendors
- Code invoices to the proper general ledger account
- Ensure proper three-way match for IT and hard goods purchases
- Ensure proper two or three-way match for services purchases
- Enter vendor invoices and upload copies of the invoice with supporting approvals into Coupa accounting software
- Process supplier payment batches via ACH, checks and wires
- Promptly answer all vendor inquiries
- Process employee expense reimbursements ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Review approved employee expense reimbursements to ensure compliance with the company’s Travel & Entertainment policy
- Compile approved employee expenses for payroll reimbursement
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording sales tax, and expense report inquiries
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as requested
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Well organized, with ability to prioritize tasks and provide high-level of accuracy
- Experience automating and streamlining processes
- Interact with the rest of the team and outside parties and remain professional and flexible while under pressure
- Proficient with MS Office Excel
- Knowledge of and experience with online accounting software preferred (Netsuite and Coupa highly preferred)
- Experience analyzing problems, developing/recommending solutions, and resolving issues
Perks & Benefits:
- Fully paid Health & Life insurance for full-time employees and family members
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 12 days paid Vacation + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in Costa Rica (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Germany and Costa Rica. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!