Smartsheet is the $10bn market cap industry leader in the Collaborative Work Management space. We’ve grown in the UK from 1 team and 3 engineers in 2018, to 5 teams and 50+ engineers in 2022. Join our product driven and engineering focused culture, with diverse individuals from all walks of life.
Our software engineering teams have the autonomy to drive technical decisions for their products, with interesting scale, security, usability, resilience, redundancy, and cloud multi-region technical challenges. We’re looking for software engineers from all different specialisms – front-end, back-end, test automation, ops, infrastructure – who are interested in working across these disciplines long term and building a wide skillset, with the opportunity to work across multiple teams and products.
In 2021, Smartsheet won Comparably awards for best compensation, company culture, work-life balance, for diversity, for women, plus many more. We offer a competitive package composed of a base salary, annual bonus structure, and equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). You can work remotely within the UK.
- Contribute to the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Participate in system architecture discussions
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Continuous automation of systems and processes
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Work with cloud tooling to debug infrastructure problems
- Educate teams on telemetry best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good experience with one or more programming languages, e.g. Golang, Python, NodeJS
- Experience with terraform or other infrastructure as code tools
- Experience building and maintaining scalable, high availability applications
- Familiarity with Linux
- Legally eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Elasticsearch or Opensearch
- Experience with Containerization technologies
- Experience with telemetry platforms, e.g. Datadog, Prometheus.
- Experience with Linux debugging commands like tcpdump and strace
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + Bank Holidays + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organisations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!