Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst to help guide analyses, create insights, and influence decisions. With thousands of subscribing organizations and millions of users there is lots of opportunity to make a meaningful impact and increase growth through analytics within Smartsheet. You are curious, have strong data analysis skills and the ability to communicate key insights effectively. You will work primarily with Product and Engineering and will be a part of Smartsheet's Business Intelligence team.
You will report to our Data Science Manager located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams, understand their goals, and execute on opportunities to draw relevant insights and drive tangible impact
- Understand our customer needs and design metrics to analyze how our customers are using product and optimize products and features
- Present (written and verbal) discoveries/insights to leadership and give recommendations to encourage data-driven decisions
- Complete the full analytics lifecycle from understanding the business objective and understanding the data to developing automated reporting and visualizations
- Research, recommend, and learn new analytics tools and platforms
- Think strategically on how to scale and automate work to support a fast paced organization
- Identify possible areas of further investigation based on test results
- Conduct deep analysis, able to connect multiple sources of data and yield actionable descriptive and predictive insights for product led growth teams.
- In partnership with product managers, formulate, test and validate business hypotheses with data and insights
- BA/BS in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, or other technical field, advanced analytics degrees preferred
- 5+ years of related experience or 7+ years of experience without a degree
- Strong business acumen and an ability to present analysis in a compelling manner
- Expert in SQL, experienced in using data visualization tools (ex. Tableau, Power BI)
- Proficient analytical skills for problem solving; can perform descriptive and diagnostic analysis
- Experience communicating insights (written and verbal) with executive leadership
- Led projects from concept through completion
- Experience forming effective cross-functional partnerships
- Ability to pick up new concepts quickly
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, find opportunities and execute in both independent and collaborative environments
- Self-starter with the ability to find answers to ambiguous problems
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
Smartsheet provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: 118,800 to 172,800 | All other US States: 110,000 to 160,000
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!