As Smartsheet grows, our ability to automate and scale customer solutions becomes an increasingly important part of our strategy in Technical Customer Support. Customers have come to expect immediate and elegant ways to self-serve. As the Technical Solutions Architect in Customer Support, you will design and develop customer-focused tools and experiences that allow them to do this.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our VP, Customer Support. This role is fully remote eligible.
- Work with business owners to understand customer need and requirements
- Ensure that stakeholders provide adequate detail so developers can take action
- Work with Technical PMs to scope and specify technical requirements and contribute to product roadmaps—your specific contributions will include things such as architectural review, proof of concept, and validation of feasibility of integrations (
- Communicate trade-offs between customer expectations, team capacity, and technical feasibility to business owner stakeholders and align on prioritization
- Be the voice of the development team to explain technical issues, timing, and needed decisions to the requestors
- Develop and prototype technical solutions to assist with Support automation for deliverables such as:
- Web-to-case intake forms
- Customer portals
- Integrations between the Smartsheet product and Support tools
- Partner with teams across Smartsheet—Product Development, Website Development, IT, and Field Operations to name a few—to design and develop QA plans
- Lead user acceptance testing and work with stakeholders in ensuring that the definition of "done" is appropriately met with a high focus on quality
- With the team, review metrics and data from deployed solutions and recommend feature enhancements to drive improved customer experience and better ROI of effort
- Lead design and discussion for maintenance and scalability while driving resolution of technical debt
- 3+ years of technical development experience in a SaaS or similar environment
- Proficient in RESTful API and JSON usage and development
- A foundational knowledge of web development and typical web technology stacks
- Experience working in a customer-facing role (or a history of supporting teams that do that)
- The ability to use technologies such as AI and NLP to improve customer experiences
- A working knowledge of Salesforce Apex, or similar object-oriented languages
- Specific Salesforce skills desired: Invocable Methods or flow designer, Lightening Web Components (LWC)/Aura
- Salesforce/Service Cloud knowledge and experience with Salesforce builders(Process and Flow) Embedded Service (Live Agent, OmniChannel, etc.) experience preferred
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!