We are looking for a Manager, Engineering to join the Sharing, Access, and Identity team. You will invent and operate the authentication and authorization systems for Smartsheet. You will lead teams responsible for login and sharing - nothing is more critical!
World-class performance, scalability, and security are non-negotiable. Yet, modern UI and enterprise grade experiences for login and sharing for our web and mobile apps is also critical to business results. Your team will build and operate the platform while inventing new features that support collaboration on top of it.
You will report to the Sr. Manager, Engineering located in our Bellevue, WA office. You also have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
- Manage a team of 6-10 software engineers to provide great products to our customers
- Guide the development and success of one or more products
- Influence technical and product direction of the group
- Lead, coach, and inspire your team to achieve high-quality software
- Collaborate with partner teams across the company including product management, development, UX design, and customer support teams
- Oversee the front-end, backend services, and AWS infrastructure that powers Communications and related integrations
- Hire and grow your team by promoting career development
- Promote engineering excellence, architectural development, AWS cost optimization, and operational monitoring best practices for highly available services
- 5+ years of software engineering experience and 3+ years managing software engineering teams.
- Deep software development skills in at least one systems development language such as Java, C#, C++ or Python.
- Experience with modern technology stacks for building scalable, highly available customer-facing applications.
- Experience in distributed systems, systems automation, and cloud technologies.
- Like to dive in, always learn new things, and build awesome products
- Experience building teams including, recruiting and retention
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!