As a Manager, Solution Services, you will build and oversee a team of Solution Implementation Managers and be responsible for operational and financial aspects of packaged service delivery. In addition to managing regional business operations, you will have responsibility for expanding the Services Catalog, continuous improvement of our operational processes, work qualities, and coaching and leading future leaders of the organization.
The Manager shall be accountable to the business for meeting financial/operational goals, hiring to plan, and developing the resources. This person shall also be responsible for translating the overall Solution Services vision into operational execution plans.
This role requires a leader with a unique blend of proficiency in technology-based solutions, business leadership, people management skills, some business development acumen, and communication skills. This important high visibility role, critical to our ongoing success, reports to the Senior Manager of Solution Services.
- Provide leadership in the attainment of department goals and objectives.
- Manage a regional budget and authorize expenditures
- Coordinate development of standardized documentation and resources for reporting performance and recommendations
- Use operational metrics and data to manage the organizational performance, primarily driven by economies of scale via revenue contribution
- Impart operational knowledge, skills, and techniques to develop a strong leadership acumen to engagement delivery, throughput and excellence
- Collaborate with peer leaders in the ongoing enhancement and maintenance of a Services Catalog
- Leverage contingent labor resources within the resource mix to service engagements
- Attain Vertical and/or Product expertise to apply thought leadership towards business development activities
- Manage and coordinate department development opportunities
- Optimally deliver packaged service offerings throughout the customer lifecycle to ensure maximum customer value and overall economic impact (software + services)
- Interview, hire, develop and supervise Solution Implementation Managers (SIM) in your regional area
- Responsible for annual performance evaluations of your team
- Plan, assign, and direct work; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing escalations and resolving problems
- Work in conjunction with the Operations group to implement best practices.
- Understand the full operation of Solution Services and Professional Services organizations.
- Travel, when necessary, to meet with current and future customers.
- 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Excellent client management skills and the ability to work with customers in pre and post-sales environment
- Strong leadership, business development, organizational, team management, communication (verbal, written, and presentation), and interpersonal skills
- 3+ years managing teams in a leadership capacity working in software services, and/or Professional Services
- Proven success partnering across departments
- Excellent customer engagement, solution visioning, and problem-solving skills
- Passion in leading and managing high-velocity mixed-model environments
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the US (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!