We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Sharing, Access, and Identity pillar team that owns the authentication and authorization platform services for Smartsheet. You will build delightful customer-facing experiences for viral adoption of the product and also massively re-architect our sharing and access control services for performance, scale and availability allowing seamless and real-time collaboration among ever increasing number of Smartsheet users and groups. You will also improve the design of a platform to support authentication services consumed by our customers.
You will report to our Senior Manager, Engineering located in our Bellevue, WA office and will also have the option to work remotely from any registered location within the United States:
- 2+ years software development experience
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and autoscaling distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Microservices in AWS
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with authentication protocols (SAML, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect)
- Recognize, takes ownership of complicated technical cross-team issues and guide them to resolution
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Build reliable microservices or SOA-based web application
- Work with other software engineers, database engineers, SRE, and product managers
- Provide expertise, and collaborate withe the team to solve tough problems and contribute thoughtful feedback on peer design and code reviews
- Contribute to full SDLC; design, implement, test, and deploying new features for our platform
- Help troubleshoot and root cause analysis toward identifying solutions and next steps for production issues.
- Oversee features and work in an autonomous manner
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!