In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to accomplish their very best work. Today, we provide a cloud-based SaaS platform that easily scales from project execution to enterprise-wide work management. It empowers organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes through online collaboration, which is a rapidly growing domain.
Smartsheet is looking for an Engineering Manager for a leadership role within our Communication Pillar product engineering team. The Communication Pillar's mission is to improve how Smartsheet customers communicate about their work. The pillar owns core Smartsheet capabilities for Conversations and Notifications, as well as Desktop Presence through integrations with 3rd party apps as well as desktop operating systems. This role will lead the Desktop Presence engineering team. Our engineering teams are small, efficient, and driven by results. We work in an agile scrum environment that stays focused on building great software that makes a positive impact on millions of customers.
You will report to the Director of Engineering located in our Bellevue, WA office and you also have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
- Manage a team of 6-10 software engineers to deliver great products to our customers
- Drive the development and success of one or more products
- Lead, coach, and inspire your team to deliver high quality software
- Collaborate with partner teams across the company including product management, development, UX design, and customer support teams
- Own the front-end, backend services, and AWS infrastructure that powers Communications and related integrations
- Establish lean engineering processes that promote collaboration and rapid iterations to build the right product to solve the right problems
- Hire and grow your team by promoting career development
- Drive engineering excellence, architectural development, AWS cost optimization, and operational monitoring best practices for highly available services
- You have 8+ years of software engineering experience and 3+ years managing software engineering teams.
- You have deep software development skills in at least one systems development language such as Java, C#, C++ or Python.
- You have experience with modern technology stacks for building scalable, highly available customer-facing applications.
- You have experience in distributed systems, systems automation, and cloud technologies.
- You like to dive in, constantly learn new things, and build awesome products
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!