Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to help guide analyses, create insights, and influence decisions. With thousands of subscribing organizations and millions of users there is lots of opportunity to make a meaningful impact and increase growth through analytics within Smartsheet. You are curious, have strong data analysis skills and the ability to communicate key insights effectively. You will work primarily with Product and Engineering and will be a part of Smartsheet's Business Intelligence team.
This full-time position reports to the Data Science Manager and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA, or remotely.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams, understand their goals, and execute on opportunities to draw relevant insights and drive tangible impact
- Understand our customer needs and design metrics to analyze how our customers are using product and optimize products and features
- Leverage data to understand product performance and to identify improvement opportunities
- Complete the full analytics lifecycle from understanding the business objective and understanding the data to developing automated reporting and visualizations
- Effectively present analysis to teams and give data-based recommendations to encourage data-driven decisions, assisting in product ideation and feature launch decisions
- Think strategically on how to scale your work
- Identify areas for further investigation
- Drive a data culture within the Product and Engineering teams
- Advanced degree in quantitative field and 4+ years of experience (or 6+ years of experience)
- Proficient analytical skills for problem solving; can perform descriptive analysis, diagnostic analysis, predictive analysis and prescriptive analysis.
- Proficient in SQL, skilled in using data programming languages and visualization tools (ex. R/Python, Tableau)
- Strong track record of forming effective cross-functional partnerships
- Experience using data to meaningfully impact product strategy and execution
- Experience communicating analysis clearly to others
- Ability to research and learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, find opportunities and execute in both independent and collaborative environments
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees.
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers.
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount).
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay).
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity.
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave.
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave.
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses.
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!