In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
We’re working on a new product that brings the power of databases to business users. This new product will help teams bring complex, multi-million row datasets into a single collaborative work management tool, so they can easily build insights and automate processes on the fly.
You will report to our Engineering Manager located in our Boston, MA office.
- Bring your passion for quality and innovation into a group of high-performing individuals, all working to build one of Smartsheet's next high-value add products
- Leverage multiple Amazon AWS Services, including: Aurora Serverless RDS, AWS Lambda, Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Step Functions, and AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK)
- Work across the full-stack, contributing to the full software development lifecycle: designing, developing, and deploying new features for our platform
- Mentor team members regarding architecture and SDLC best practices
- Manage production cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS)
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon AWS or equivalent cloud computing platform
- Experience building modular/reusable UI components, using both proven and bleeding edge web technologies
- Experience building microservices and RESTful APIs
- Experience building and maintaining scalable, high availability applications
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code concepts and tools
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, or equivalent)
- Experience with various automated testing frameworks (JUnit/TestNG, Robot, Cypress, etc)
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.