In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
We’re working on a new product that brings the power of databases to business users. This new product will help teams bring complex, multi-million row datasets into a single collaborative work management tool, so they can easily build insights and automate processes on the fly.
You will report to our Engineering Manager located in our Boston, MA office or may work remotely from any state in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Bring your passion for quality and innovation into a group of high-performing individuals, all working to build one of Smartsheet's next high-value add products
- Leverage multiple Amazon AWS Services, including: Aurora Serverless RDS, AWS Lambda, Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Step Functions, and AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK)
- Work across the full-stack, contributing to the full software development lifecycle: designing, developing, and deploying new features for our platform
- Mentor team members regarding architecture and SDLC best practices
- Manage production cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS)
- 2+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon AWS or equivalent cloud computing platform
- Experience building modular/reusable UI components, using both proven and bleeding edge web technologies
- Experience building microservices and RESTful APIs
- Experience building and maintaining scalable, high availability applications
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code concepts and tools
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, or equivalent)
- Experience with various automated testing frameworks (JUnit/TestNG, Robot, Cypress, etc)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!