Smartsheet is looking for an individual to oversee documentation, perform testing and evaluation of controls for design assessments and operational effectiveness to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). Our internal audit team is essential to helping us assess the risks across the organization, while specifically addressing our SOX compliance responsibilities. The Senior Internal Auditor will be an objective team member improving operations through a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. You will have a balance of technical skills of accounting procedures, experience with designing or testing internal controls, professional skepticism and work towards constructive solutions.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to achieve their very best work. Today, we provide a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better results.
You will report to our Sr. Internal Audit Manager located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Actively participate in establishing our full audit cycle
- Participate in internal audit engagement reporting, scoping, execution and follow-up
- Be the central liaison between external audit and the business for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) field work, manage projects to maximize productivity of audit and minimize impact to the business
- Establish and lead workstreams to ensure SOX tasks, including control documentation, are maintained and completed, working with business and IT process owners
- Perform testing of controls, including analyzing and evaluating accounting and IT documentation, reports, data, and flowcharts.
- Partner with business team members to ensure internal control issues identified are understood and timely resolved
- Present regular reports to Accounting, IT and other business leaders on internal audit activities such as control findings, results and recommendations for improvement
- Leverage previous SOX experience and be an expert on topics such as information produced by entity / essential reports, entity-level controls, and other audit considerations
- Determine internal audit scope, participate in ongoing risk assessments, and develop internal audit test plans
- Take on ad-hoc internal audit and compliance-related projects working with the business
- Bachelor's Degree, active CPA/CISA
- 2+ years Internal Audit and Public Accounting experience
- Experience with US GAAP and components of internal controls
- Project management abilities
- Familiarity with Netsuite and Salesforce is a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!