The Infrastructure and Tools team builds capabilities that allow entire engineering organization improve their productivity and efficiency. We are challenged to improve our current tools, infrastructure and come up with new creative ideas. Our team is looking for a thoughtful Sr. Software Engineer with technical skills and a passion for building tools, designing better infrastructure and improving existing systems. We value engineers who can own and architect solutions from start to finish.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to achieve their very best work. Today, we provide a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better satisfaction.
You will report to our Senior Manager of Engineering based in Bellevue, WA. You also have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
- Configure and build tools for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment for our services.
- Design and improve existing product packaging, installation, upgrades, management and administration scripts and utilities.
- Train teams to implement and maintain scripts and utilities.
- Improve our existing AWS CI/CD infrastructure
- Work with other software engineers, database engineers, support staff and product managers across the company
- Design, code, maintain and extend new custom tools
- 5+ years as a software developer or site reliability engineer
- Experience at all levels of the technology stack - infrastructure, database, API, and front end.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Experience managing production cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS)
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code concepts and tools
- Solid knowledge of CI/CD implementation best practices
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to promoting an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status following applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!