Smartsheet is looking for a Marketing Solutions Manager who will provide business and technical leadership in the area of marketing throughout the sales process of our marketing solutions. You will serve as a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise to ensure successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption.
For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join us at a critical moment and truly have a significant impact. A proven track record of technical leadership, outstanding customer-facing skills, as well as deep marketing expertise is required. This high profile role falls under the umbrella of World-Wide Field Operations and will be based in Bellevue, WA.
Job responsibilities include:
- Partner with Enterprise, Commercial Sales Teams, and appropriate partners by owning the technical sales process of our marketing related products in support of selling Smartsheet
- Act as a subject matter expert to provide advice and guidance on Smartsheet marketing offerings to prospect and current customers
- Design and develop creative solutions based on customer requirements using Smartsheet
- Work closely with Product Management to develop repeatable solutions as the customer advocate on product roadmap discussions to provide input on new feature requests
- Work closely with Marketing to develop messaging and campaigns that provide the right information to marketing professionals seeking more information about our marketing solutions. Assist with any content necessary for campaigns or advertisements focused on marketing personas.
- Assist in enabling Sales and Sales Engineers to more effectively position Smartsheet marketing products
- Proactively support prospects in performing evaluations to ensure that they are keeping their scope and timeline
- Periodically travel to customer sites serving as a technical resource and engaging with customer IT professionals regarding integrations
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience in a new category
- 5-8 years experience in Marketing
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies with a desire to deeply understand and demonstrate the functionality of Smartsheet
- Experience developing MS Excel-based solutions for collaboration/workflow/project management requirements
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Background in building credibility with customers to understand their initiatives
- Strong competence participating in a complex, solution-based enterprise sales process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
- Certified in Smartsheet
- Deep knowledge of marketing tech ecosystem (CMS, CRM, DAM tools)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.