Smartsheet is on a mission to take workplace productivity to a whole new level. Our SaaS offering is used by customers across 190 countries to improve how they work everyday. We invite you to join us to dramatically improve how work gets done.
The Vice President of Engineering is a leadership position reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, Praerit Garg. As a VP you will be a member of Smartsheet’s Core Leadership Team responsible for strategic and operational decisions related to our SaaS offerings. It is a highly visible role with frequent collaborative interaction with CEO, Mark Mader, and other Officers of the company. Leader in this role is expected to effectively collaborate with a diverse group of peers such VPs and Directors in Infrastructure, QA, Product Management.
As VP of Engineering, you will lead an organization of engineers across multiple locations. Your group will be responsible for creating visually pleasing and easy-to-use products that enable teams and enterprises to better manage and automate their work in the office or on the go.
- Grow a team through hiring, mentorship, and development
- Improve engineering practices to increase velocity and productivity
- Develop goals, roadmaps and delivery dates to help Smartsheet scale quickly and sustainably
- Help plan and budget across engineering departments/operations as a member of the engineering leadership team
- Help guide, shape, and support the corporate strategic vision and day-to-day operations as a member of Smartsheet’s Core Leadership Team
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in computer science or other STEM degree.
- 15+ years of experience building and leading a growing engineering function, ideally for a SaaS offering
- Experience building, mentoring, and scaling top-flight engineering teams into the low hundreds of personnel
- Thoughtful approach to engineering leadership
- Passion for building outstanding enterprise products that support a global customer base
- Align in strategy with other teams (including non-technical partners)
- Collaborate across teams while using technical experience to achieve positive business goals
- Experience in environments supporting tens to 100s of millions of monthly active users
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision - 100% company-paid premiums for employees and all eligible dependents
- Life Insurance, long term/short term disability. Flexible Spending Account
- 15 days PTO to start, 10 paid holidays, Flexible sick leave, 12 weeks paid Parental Leave (+4 weeks unpaid)
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- 401k and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Opportunities for professional growth and development, including free Audible Membership, Free LinkedIn Learning Membership
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018, and has continued to grow our product to support collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.