Smartsheet is looking for a regional regional Channel Account Manager for the Asia Pacific region. The primary focus will be in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and then Japan in the near future. You will be a quota-carrying, revenue-producing rep that recruits, onboards, and manages relationships with a defined portfolio of partners. You will manage selective new partner recruitment, engaging the partner with the Smartsheet Partner Program, and driving joint partner business planning. Channel Account Managers will also collaborate with Smartsheet direct sales teams locally and in the US.
This exciting opportunity will be based in our new Sydney office and will report to the Director of Global Channel & Partnerships.
- Recruit new partners aligned with our ideal partner profile. Current partner types include: VARs, Referral Partners, Distributors, System Integrators, and ISVs.
- Meet revenue targets by managing relationships with potential and existing channel partners
- Engage and manage vendor programs and relationships to support partnership goals and sales opportunities (e.g. direct sales, sales engineers, channel marketing)
- Manage channel pipeline and forecast reporting and track progress through the sales cycle
- Lead monthly partner alignment sessions to review partners’ pipelines, conduct win/loss analysis, and develop account penetration strategies to identify and build new sales opportunities
- Work with high-potential partners to develop an annual joint business plan that defines strategies and activities to meet revenue goals; review and assess plan progress in partner-facing quarterly business reviews
- Provide ongoing sales coaching and sales enablement activities, and work with the partner organizations to ensure they complete any required partner training and certifications
- Work with partners and other resources (e.g. partner marketing manager) on developing and executing a partner marketing plan to increase demand to support revenue targets
- Review and advise partners on sales responses for RFIs/RFPs
- Secure ongoing partner preference and investment in supplier relationships and offerings; grow the supplier’s share of mind and share of wallet within the partner organization
- Manage partners’ compliance with channel program requirements and governance on channel policies to maintain the partner relationship
- Provide field and partner input and feedback to internal supplier functions (e.g. sales, product, marketing) on tools and programs
- 5+ years of sales experience in Enterprise Application software. SaaS experience preferred.
- 5+ years of channel experience and an existing network of software-focused partners in Australia, and other Asia Pac countries.
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.