Senior Manager, Engineering - Mobile | Software-as-a-Service (Bellevue, WA)
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to build and lead a team of mobile engineers to help design, implement and operate high-quality native mobile experiences that are reliable, scalable, performant and secure. You will recruit, retain and coach developers, QA, and SDET engineers to innovate, execute, deliver and grow to their their best. You will promote a positive and supportive work environment with a track record of delivering on commitments. You will communicate with different audiences, including executives and non-technical partners.
You will be based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA and will report to the Senior Director, Software Development.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Focus on team members and coaching them to play to their strengths
- Delegates well and harnesses the aggregate strength of your team.
- Focus on personal and team needs to foster positive culture consistent with Smartsheet values.
- Help individuals and the team to set priorities and focus.
- Guide and coach team members regarding architecture and best practices
- Review team’s designs and provide feedback on deployment safety, scale, performance and security
- Lead cross-team interactions, communication and requirements
- Facilitate feedback and discussions with Product and UX Design on customer needs, user experience, implementation efficiency
- Forge partnerships with product management and other key areas of the business
- Communicate often with peers, executives and team members
- Deployment plans are well considered and include appropriate scalability and load tests
- Deployments are monitored to ensure success and have tested rollback plans
- Manages on-call rotation for owned services.
- 8+ years software development experience
- 4+ years mobile native software development experience
- 4+ years previous management experience
- Experience leading QA, and SDET disciplines
- Experience building scalable, available customer-facing applications
- Experience building teams through recruiting and retention
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
dEqual Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!