Smartsheet is looking for a proven Customer Success Manager to manage a set of large strategic accounts and drive customer satisfaction, application engagement, customer retention, and growth. You will serve as a key point of contact for customers, understanding their success criteria, sharing best practices, providing solution guidance, and helping them realize value from Smartsheet. For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join us at a critical moment and truly have a significant impact. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record for Software as a Service (SaaS) account management and maintaining high customer renewal rates because of ongoing customer engagement, technical leadership, and outstanding communication skills.
This vital role is part of our Strategic Accounts Customer Success Team and would be based in the Austin or Dallas area, working out of a home office.
- Perform initial on-boarding of accounts with enterprise level customers, ensuring strong adoption and ongoing engagement throughout the customer’s lifecycle
- Execute a comprehensive engagement and communications strategy that proactively maintains high customer satisfaction
- Serve as the Smartsheet subject matter expert (SME) providing guidance to enable customers to drive impact and increase collaboration across their organization and with external parties
- Perform periodic customer success reviews that confirm satisfaction, resolve issues with the help of the Technical Support team, and expand Smartsheet use throughout the account
- Implement and share best practices to ensure customers are realizing the greatest possible value from Smartsheet
- Use usage patterns to gain insights, provide guidance and increase customer adoption and satisfaction
- Serve as the primary interface to manage and resolve critical situations
- Work closely with the Sales, Training and Professional Services teams identify new opportunities to expand customer use of Smartsheet
- Provide expert customer insight to Product Management, Marketing and Sales on what innovation and continuous improvement is needed
- Exceed all performance targets, including maintaining high retention and growth rates
- Customer Success or Account Management experience, preferably for a SaaS software company
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical personnel in large enterprises
- Ability to build credibility and trust by understanding customer requirements and addressing needs
- Proven ability to maintain highly valuable and outcome-based relationships with a diverse customer account base
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to deeply understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, and technical elements
- Outstanding multi-task task management skills across a varied set of responsibilities
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and high growth technology environment
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is highly preferred
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.