About Re:Build Manufacturing and Re:Build Tekna:
Tekna was founded in 1988 in the heart of Southwest Michigan where creative vision and hard work laid the foundation for a business that continues to grow in a rapidly evolving industry. The rigor and attention to detail that comes with designing for the medical industry has awarded us success in supporting both major companies and start-ups from early stage development to commercialization. The same principles apply as we've expanded to serve customers in a wide variety of other industries including consumer and industrial goods, electronics, and appliances. Tekna's project portfolio is incredibly diverse covering medical, life science, consumer and industrial product categories. Tekna is largely client focused offering design consulting, contract manufacturing and original equipment manufacturing services. Tekna's cross functional teams include Design Engineering, Industrial Design, CAD, Procurement, Production and Quality which offers a friendly and supportive team atmosphere.
Re:Build Manufacturing is a family of industrial businesses combining cutting-edge enabling technologies, operational superiority, and strategic M&A to build America's next-generation industrial company. Re:Build leverages deep expertise in operations management and technology to supercharge the performance of its subsidiaries by implementing core technologies across industrial platforms in diversified growth markets. Our goal is to help revitalize the U.S. manufacturing base over the coming decades, creating substantial opportunities for our employees and the communities where we operate.
If you like a fast-paced environment where individuals can stretch and be challenged with a diverse set of projects, we offer a great deal of variety and empower our staff to take on as much responsibility as they can handle, offering a helping hand and experienced-based coaching and the support of a highly competent team. Our goal is to enable our employees to achieve their fullest potential, and through our association with Re:Build, provide avenues for personal and professional growth.
Who we are looking for
The Materials Manager leads order fulfillment processes including order entry, administration, production, and shipping for our Operations team at Tekna. This team member supervises the order tracking process and ensures orders are processed in accordance with our customer service standards. The manager is also responsible for balancing customer needs with business needs while exceeding customer expectations.
What you'll get to do
- Directs the planning, coordinating, and purchasing of all raw materials that will be used in the production of finished assemblies, including monitoring lead times that affect order fulfillment.
- Leads periodic inventory processes.
- Implement cost control processes.
- Be the supplier controls expert for ISO and FDA requirements and update policy and procedures.
- Periodic evaluation of suppliers.
- Contract and Purchase Order review, and ensure execution of all purchase orders.
- Manage supplier selection and develop supply base to help improve efficiencies.
- Connect with suppliers regarding quality issues, revision level changes, delivery promptness.
- Create or assist in nonconformance reports.
- Set direction for management of customer inventory o Approve all customer orders per released procedures or executive direction.
- Assist with all customer complaints and ensure the customer is kept up to date on all findings and actions.
- Manage cost changes with customer and participate in agreement and contract review
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent in years of experience.
- At least 10 years of materials manager experience.
- Background or proven experience in supporting accounting activities.
- Passion and positive attitude with strong interpersonal communication.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to function effectively in a multifaceted work environment
- Be a fan of continuous improvement and a willing coach of process improvement.
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.