Carrier Relations Manager
The role is responsible for the procurement of the Network Services on a global scale, ensuring the right balance between the costs and quality of the internet connectivity of our cloud hosting services. You will be part of the global network team in our HQ in Amsterdam, but also help out LeaseWeb teams in other countries.
At LeaseWeb Network we procure, manage and support the networks and internet traffic of the various LeaseWeb entities around the world and their customers.
To ensure an optimized end-user experience for LeaseWeb's services, we have direct connectivity to more than 4000 Internet networks via our global Internet backbone with over 40 Points-of-Presence in Europe, the US and Asia, as well as to virtually all major Tier 1 Internet backbones. Under the brand FiberRing we also provide network connectivity and Internet access services among the leading data centers in and around Amsterdam.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Identifying and managing relations with providers of network services, e.g. Carriers (providing e.g. IP Transit, wavelength or dark fiber services), Data Centers (providing e.g. colocation services) and Internet Exchanges
- Market research - actively looking for new opportunities to minimize costs
- Selecting the right providers in terms of cost and quality, working closely with the Management Team.
- Being involved in Pre-Sales and Provisioning for advanced customer network set-ups.
- Negotiating with providers to set up terms and conditions
- Contracting and ordering.
- Managing the contract administration
- Reviewing and approving (or disputing) invoices, working together with the Finance Team
- Conducting operational reviews and planning meetings with providers.
You are the ideal candidate if you are/have:
- Excellent communicator
- 5+ years of experience in a Carrier Relations, Sales or Procurement role
- Practical knowledge and a contact network in the global carrier and data center market.
- Social and energetic
- Attention to details
- Strong commercial and customer-focused mindset
Want to learn more or apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Berta Malik (Talent Acquisition Specialist) via firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.