Cloudstack Engineer - Public Cloud Scalability Team
*This role requires relocation to the Netherlands*
Product Engineering at Leaseweb
Our team of approximately 90 engineers is working in small scrum teams. Each team has end to end responsibility for a specific product or part of our architecture. We work on a remote-first basis, coming together in person at our Amsterdam headquarters twice a year.
Our organizational structure is flat, placing a high value on independence and entrepreneurship. The atmosphere is informal and relaxed, creating a highly motivating work environment in which you will work with some of the most inspiring colleagues in the industry.
What is the role about?
In this role we are looking for a highly experienced developer with a true DevOps mentality and skillset. You will be collaborating with and contributing to the Apache CloudStack project. Since we are a provider of hosting infrastructure deep knowledge about Linux and Networking is key. Supported by your team, we expect a self-organizing and independent professional that will take the lead in running and scaling our CloudStack deployments. From diving into software bugs and reproducing customer problems to proposing and building sustainable solutions, in order for Leaseweb to provide scalable Public Cloud services.
You will be working with a team of DevOps engineers. A group with diverse expertise and highly curious minds who are excited about the challenges to build and operate Leaseweb’s Public Cloud. Our objective is to build reliable platforms and interfaces providing trustworthy endpoints for users to integrate with, running a standardized stack, easily maintained, and fully autonomous for users through our API and Customer Portal.
- Maintaining close collaboration with the Apache CloudStack community on the CloudStack project.
- Developing and supporting the Apache CloudStack project.
- Together with your team you will maintain Leaseweb’s CloudStack deployments, both operationally and in software improvements
- Working with the team to resolve issues that customers face with CloudStack, by solving bugs and introducing features
- Participation in the on-duty rotation schedule
- Understanding of the Apache CloudStack opensource project.
- Extensive experience with Java development in a cloud hosting context.
- Experience with Python for automation and testing purpose
- Knowledge of the Linux operating systems, preferably Ubuntu. Experience with Shell/Bash is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of virtualization technologies (KVM, QEMU and libvirt) is required.
- Knowledge and experience with Networking and Storage use and automation will be a big advantage.
- Love teamwork, good planning skills, logical thinking skills, problem-solving skills and have an eye for detail.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins is a plus.
- Experience with configuration management systems like Chef is a plus.
- It would be an advantage to have experience on Git/ Grafana/ Prometheus/ Kubernetes/ Docker is a plus.
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme and company pension
- Internet allowance and travel allowance
- Working from home policy
- Lease bike plan
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch, parking, and fresh fruit provided when in the office
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, (Dutch) courses, and trainings
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues are from over 60 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Demetra Spyrou, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: email@example.com
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.