Senior Network Engineer - Network Automation Team
*This role requires relocation to the Netherlands*
Product Engineering at Leaseweb
Our team of approximately 90 engineers is working in small scrum teams. Each team has end to end responsibility for a specific product or part of our architecture. We work on a remote-first basis, coming together in person at our Amsterdam headquarters twice a year.
Our organizational structure is flat, placing a high value on independence and entrepreneurship. The atmosphere is informal and relaxed, creating a highly motivating work environment in which you will work with some of the most inspiring colleagues in the industry.
What is the role about?
In your role as Network Engineer, you are responsible for helping the Automation team understand how the Leaseweb Core network works. It is crucial that you can identify small steps that can be worked on and released to change the existing Leaseweb network into something that can grow and is ready for future products.
You will likely spend a lot of your time working in 2 teams. In the Network Design team, you will learn and operate the Leaseweb core network. You will be operational including engineer on duty roles. On the other hand, you will be part of the Network Automation team where you use your operational experience of the Leaseweb Network to help the Automation team identify what to automate.
- Train and coach colleagues
- Design and/or selection of new network technology, architectures or services
- Design and/or manage deployment of new generic network infrastructure.
- Bridge the gap between Network Design and Network Automation teams to automate processes that make sense to automate.
- Subject matter expert network. Assists customers, other departments and entities.
- Last point of contact for technical escalations related to network services.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure and networks. But more importantly someone with soft and social skills that can help bring engineers with different areas of expertise together.
What we’re looking for:
- Basic knowledge of (or curiosity for) ISP-related technologies, or experience in the hosting or datacenter industry is a plus.
- Ability to quickly understand existing network architecture and find ways to improve it.
- Common Linux distributions knowledge (Ubuntu, and optionally Red Hat, Debian).
- Team player; ability to help your peers and open to your peers helping you.
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Fluent English communication skills.
Benefits include :
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme and company pension
- Internet allowance and travel allowance
- Working from home policy
- Lease bike plan
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch, parking, and fresh fruit provided when in the office
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, (Dutch) courses, and trainings
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues are from over 60 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Merve Bulazar, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.