Product Owner – Managed Kubernetes
*This role requires relocation to the Netherlands*
Leaseweb is currently looking for a highly motivated Product Owner to join our Container Services team. The Container Services Team delivers and maintains our Managed Kubernetes service.
The Product Engineering Department
Our team of approximately 90 engineers is working in small scrum teams. Each team has end-to-end responsibility for a specific product or part of our architecture. We work on a remote-first basis, coming together in person at our Amsterdam headquarters twice a year.
Our organizational structure is flat, placing a high value on independence and entrepreneurship. The atmosphere is informal and relaxed, creating a highly motivating work environment in which you will work with some of the most inspiring colleagues in the industry.
What is the role about?
The Product Owner is responsible for our Managed Kubernetes service. You maintain, drive and communicate the team’s backlog. You make tactical decisions on the next best thing to deliver, backlog priorities and how to best utilize the platforms globally. You continuously traverse the backlog; dive deeply into the next thing to deliver, and high-level refine longer term items.
- Work with Product Managers to define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities.
- Refine complex initiatives into Minimum Viable Products and iterate on them
- Motivate the team with clear direction, articulating what and why
- Align with different departments, and manage related dependencies
- Find the right balance between new feature development and platform maintenance
- Advice together with your team how to grow the Managed Kubernetes service
Who are you?
You have a strong technical background related to cloud and container services, understand the products and easily communicate with the engineering team. Building strong relationships you can rely on is what you invest in. Keeping informed with the latest developments in the container landscape is what you do to decide on what to build next.
Are you keen to build a bridge between a team of engineers and the business and our customers? Let’s talk!
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience in the cloud industry
- Experience working as a Product Owner
- Energetic/go getter attitude, with proven capacity to motivate a team
- Commercial minded, able to focus on the customers’ and stakeholders’ needs
- Excellent communication skills (in English)
- Experience with container technologies is desirable
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Merve Bulazar Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.