Are you an innovative and service driven Software Engineer? Are you keen to work in a fast moving environment with like-minded people?
The Product Engineering Department
Our international team at LeaseWeb Technologies is in charge of our scalability and automation platform. The Development department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data centre automation, product research & development (Shared Hosting, Bare Metal Servers, CDN, Cloud, Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
We work in a cross functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working on a scrum framework will give you a lot of freedom. It will allow you to get your hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. Our organizational structure is flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship… And that’s why you will have some of the most inspiring and overall awesome colleagues in the industry!
What is the role about?
As a PHP Software Engineer you are responsible for developing and supporting our systems written in PHP. You will work in an Agile self-organized team that takes care of LeaseWeb systems. These comprise of DNS, webhosting, email and backup services on a large scale. Your responsibilities will vary from simple maintenance to complex tasks. To get our services to a next level, more automation is needed. There' s a lot of opportunity for own contributions on design and implementation.
Your daily activities will include:
- Develop, Maintain and support the application landscape
- Working closely with other departments at LeaseWeb
- Work in alignment with the existing processes for Release-, Incident- and Problem Management
- Identify and propose solutions for improvements or structural problems *Regular on-call duty
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience with PHP frameworks (preferably Symfony or Laravel)
- MySQL knowledge
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs
- Competent with revision control systems (preferably Git)
- Preferably the candidate should also have experience with Ubuntu,
- FreeBSD, networking, scripting, Apache, Haproxy, DNS, e-mail servers and infrastructure automation with Chef.
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines
- Good command of written and spoken English (Dutch would be an advantage)
What we offer
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Relocation package (VISA, fees, etc...) when you are not living in the Netherlands.
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Specialist) via email@example.com or +31 654 235 261. We look forward to meeting you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.