The Leaseweb APAC team is growing quickly and looking for talented colleagues to join us.
Are you passionate about logistics in combination with IT and hardware? Are you a hands-on and technology-driven logistics engineer? Are you energetic and able to get things done? Then you should apply with us!
Everybody at Leaseweb is responsible for high customer satisfaction. We give our customers a royal treatment. Our data center Operations Team is involved in the daily management of our current 6 data center facilities in the APAC region (Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia) and we are about to open 3 more data center location in Singapore, Japan and Australia later this year. This includes the deployment and support of hardware and hosting services for our end users. The data center Operations Logistics Engineer plays a key role in the day to day operations.
This is a logistics-focused role in Singapore, where warehouse management, order picking, inbound/outbound goods and return material authorization come together. As a large hosting provider, there is a strong affinity for servers, hardware and network equipment. Knowledge or affinity with these products is a prerequisite. The work environment is dynamic and has an international character. As a Data Center Operations Logistics Engineer, you will work 8 hours a day Monday to Friday, between 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. On request you have to start your workday early to support our operations in Australia and Japan if needed.
You will report to the Data center Operations Team Manager.
- You will manage the inventory of received and distributed servers, server components, network equipment, power equipment, and other computer hardware in order to deliver the services sold to the customer. This requires physical work (e.g., transporting servers).
- Ensures that the quantity and quality of incoming and outgoing shipments are correct.
- Maintains controls over various types of inventory (servers, server components, network equipment, power equipment, etc.
- Enforces high standards of inventory management. Including sorting and handling of equipment returned from the data center
- Execute order picking based on production orders (service orders) in a timely manner in accordance with the set delivery times in SAP
- Execute shipments to internal and external customers in accordance with the set delivery deadlines
- Create Return Material Authorization requests to vendors for return of broken equipment.
- Clean up configurations and update firmware on power and network equipment following a guided process with detailed instructions.
- Does regular stock and periodical cycle counts of the warehouse
- At least two years experience in logistics/inventory environment.
- Strong Work Ethic and sense of responsibility
- Professional and effective communication in English
- Problem solver and taking ownership
- Ability to travel internationally to other data centers, as needed.
- It would be a plus if you could speak Mandarin, Cantonese and/or Japanese to liase with customers & stakeholders in the region.
- It would be a plus if you have (basic) knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of server hardware or components (hard drives, memory) is a plus.
Who are you?
We’re looking for a team player with logistics/inventory, with a passion for IT. You should be a highly dependable and responsible individual.
Leaseweb is a leading cloud hosting provider that offers a broad range of products and services including, private cloud, dedicated servers, hybrid hosting, colocation, CDN, and cybersecurity. Working with companies ranging from SMBs to enterprises, Leaseweb has the flexibility, market knowledge, and technical expertise to provide the perfect balance of price and performance. The Leaseweb platform resides on one of the largest, most reliable networks in the world, boasting 5.5 Tbps bandwidth capacity and 99.999% core uptime, low latency, and fast response time from 25 data centers throughout the world.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + AWS + annual bonus scheme
- The possibility to develop yourself and build your career
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- 18 days of paid time off
- A great working environment in a dynamic, international, fast-growing organization
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.