Senior PHP Software Engineer - Shared Hosting
The Shared Hosting team is developing web-hosting, e-mail and DNS/domain related services. We recently started to provide our customers with renewed dashboards and API calls for the services we offer. We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to help us continue building the best API’s in the hosting market.
Our international team at LeaseWeb is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (CDN, Cloud, Object Storage, Container services) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. There is a clear focus on innovation. Our organizational structure is quite flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship.
What is the role about?
As Senior Software Engineer for the Shared Hosting team you are responsible for applying your skills to support the team with day to day development, operations and R&D.
With your knowledge you work to get our backend environment to a higher standard by alligning with the team, doing code reviews and pair-programming. You cooperate with other teams to keep dependencies in check and join in architecture discussions.
Furthermore you will design, implement and support applications, tools and platforms for our customers and department. For example our DNS and domains applications and future API’s.
Technologies you will be working with are (but not limited to) PHP, Symfony, PHPUnit, Jenkins, Git, Chef, Docker, K8s and more.
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- At least 5 years’ experience with software development
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux
- Experience with API Development (REST)
- Proven and demonstrable knowledge of programming languages, preferred PHP
- Knowledge of PHP Frameworks (Symfony, Zend, Laravel) is desirable
- Knowledge of Angular (2+) and testing frameworks like Karma is desirable
- Knowledge of automated testing
- Knowledge with version control systems (Git)
- Experience in setting up software architectures
- Experience with Agile development methods such as scrum is a nice to have
- Strength in problem analysis and conceptual thinking
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Experience in mentoring of more junior colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills (in English, dutch is a nice to have).
- Bachelor or Master in Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
What we offer
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- VISA sponsorship when you are not living in the Netherlands.
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.