R&CPMK has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Account Executive within our Los Angeles-based Entertainment Division, that boasts clients in Books, Music, Film/TV, and Talent within mainstream and faith-based arenas. The position encompasses conceptualizing, coordinating, and executing buzz-building PR.
This is a great opportunity to advance your skills writing creative pitches, press releases, conducting outreach to media in a strategic and professional manner, and communicating with clients - with the goal being successful placement of stories across various outlets. Further responsibilities within the team include pitching, brainstorming, compiling publicity reports, and maintaining master press schedules -- as well as tracking, monitoring, and circulating daily press coverage in a timely manner.
Our team is looking for a creative and resourceful team player who is knowledgeable about relevant media - with the desire to expand their network of media relationships. This person should be a self-starter who is able to multi-task moving parts and prioritize multiple running projects. Further, excellent writing skills, and strong attention to detail and organization are a priority.
- Assist in developing press materials, including media lists, pitches, press releases, etc.
- Pitch clients to media in television, print, online, podcasts, radio, and more.
- Support in meetings and conference calls with clients and potential new business opportunities.
- Support department leadership and clients by juggling multiple projects at a time.
- Help develop proposals for new business opportunities.
- Monitor press clippings for clients, track media impressions and ad values, and craft/maintain coverage reports and media grids.
- Collaborate with the entertainment team in brainstorming pitch angles.
- Handle incoming press requests and researching press contacts at media outlets.
- Ongoing maintenance and update media lists.
- Review and edit press materials including press releases and alerts.
- Ensure press kits are current.
- Respond and update client/industry interaction via phone and e-mail.
The Fine Print:
- 1-2 years of experience working in the entertainment industry or in an agency setting preferred.
- Experience working with Books/Publishing, Music, Film/TV, or with Talent is strongly preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with Muck Rack, Cision, and other entertainment research-based programs.
- Professional and friendly interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Responsive and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
R&CPMK is the renowned integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment. The agency represents more than 400 of the most prominent and influential players in pop culture and some of the largest brands and Fortune 500 companies. We connect our clients to consumers through the world of entertainment, lifestyle, sports, influence, and popular culture.
We place employee wellbeing as one of our highest priorities, we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. Unlimited PTO, summer Fridays and our Body, Mind, Soul program are here to support employees on their wellbeing journey. We ensure that we find lots of excuses to come together both virtually and in person through our many company events, hosted by our social committee and employee resource groups.
To support your career development, we have a wealth of internal and external learning opportunities. Tuition reimbursement is also available for those that are interested in continued education.
To help you plan for your future we support you with an employer matched 401k contribution, employee stock purchase plan and family building support including; generous paid family leave, fertility and adoption benefits.
Salary: $45,000.00- $50,000.00 annually
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, and London, R&CPMK is part of the Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.