CookUnity is the first Chef-Direct Subscription service—a chef-to-food lover marketplace connecting the country's most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We’re changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 50 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago and Atlanta's most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 5M meals per year and growing 4x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, doubling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Chicago, Austin and Atlanta, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious national expansion planned for 2022.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a project manager with an interest in food and tech to oversee the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closure of a variety of projects and initiatives. You'll effectively drive and lead project teams, review resources and engage partners.
An ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated and entrepreneurial in nature. The candidate should be a big picture thinker, with meticulous attention to detail. A good balance of organization, collaboration and approachability, with a track record of successfully delivering on projects from start to finish, on time, and within scope. This is a full-time position, based remotely.
This role’s objective is to effectively execute the project roadmap and manage the various work streams in the four focus areas including platform chef acquisition strategies and systems; customer feedback and meal performance; menu optimization planning and management; and feature developments for CookUnity’s Chef app.
You will guide the execution, communicate and mitigate project risks, and balance business needs and project constraints. Ability to deliver on both value and on time is essential. This role is heavily reliant on an understanding of customer preference and behavior, marketing strategies and techniques, and matching data-driven insights to larger business needs.
- Lead pre-determined Chef Success projects from end-to-end, including gathering requirements and defining scope, schedule and resourcing for the technology and other cross-functional teams
- Build and assess project roadmaps with key deliverables and milestone dates for three of the four project focus areas, with direction from Chef Success Manager
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders as the main point person to coordinate all project details, ensuring all relevant parties are up to date with accurate information and details are reflected accurately across all active projects
- Check in daily with project-dependent team members to update status and delivery estimates, remove blockers, and surface unforeseen tradeoffs
- Participate in and run meetings with cross-functional teams with high touch on end-result (Operations, Supply Chain & Procurement, Portfolio) and provide project prioritization reviews with key partners
- Oversee QA across all projects
- Prioritize and escalate critical operational tasks, execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Deliver against project roadmaps while balancing timeline expectations, team velocity, and product quality with all four projects started within the first 90 days. Based off of project priority and scope (with length varying from 60-120 days, or potentially ongoing); This role will partner with Chef and Menu Success Manager to ensure successful and timely completion.
- Maintain KPI dashboards related to program metrics including: Number of chef applications in top funnel, platform chef acquisition conversion rate, percent of 1 and 2 star ratings per meal, chef active meal portfolio size, % chef active meal portfolio weekly rotation, number of new chef app features deployment
- Apply analytics and critical thinking to identify team inefficiencies and risk areas, and implement projects or processes to streamline and improve operations
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Bachelor’s degree or similar degree is required.
- Since our HQ is located in USA, an excellent level of English is required.
- Project Management professional (PMP) certification a plus, but in-depth expertise in Project Management knowledge and competencies is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading large scale initiatives from discovery through to completion, preferably in the B2C and/or food-tech space.
- You have some technical proficiency with data management, SQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with business intelligence solutions (Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView) and ClickUp or similar project management tools.
- Familiarity with Process Improvement Methodologies and Root Cause Analysis concepts.
- You are able to frame the right problem, generate and prioritize ideas, involving key stakeholders in the process.
- You have excellent communication skills, especially when it comes to articulating business logic and needs to technical partners.
- You are curious and committed to learning. You question the status quo and relentlessly seek out answers and how to make things better.
- Ability to exercise effective judgment and sensitivity to changing needs and situations, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to process complex series of information and lead a group towards concrete actions.
- You are bold – you take calculated risks that create multipliers for the business. You have a bias towards action and avoid analysis paralysis.
- You enjoy working in small teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- USD compensation.
- PTO: 15 business days + 16 National Holidays (Argentina).
- English lessons and meditation sessions.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- Awesome opportunity to join a fast-growing company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you're interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!