CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
The CookUnity Data team develops and maintains insights and predictions across all functions. This is our center of excellence for data engineering and analysis. Your team will be working with rich data sets including:
- Hundreds of recipes developed by our chefs each week.
- Detailed descriptions of the ingredients and processes used to create each meal.
- Ordering data from CookUnity’s nationwide subscriber base.
Your team members will work closely with:
- Customer-facing teams to generate recommendations and personalize experiences.
- Chef-facing teams to help chefs create their best recipes.
- Operational teams to drive efficiency and deliver fresh meals quickly and accurately.
- Finance to create models for the business.
- And many more!
The Senior Director of Data role is highly cross functional, and you'll be collaborating with leaders from across the organization. This leadership position will be responsible for ensuring data expertise is deployed effectively for all business needs. We are rapidly growing our kitchens, customers, and chefs, so this person needs to be able to think in incredible detail, while also zooming out to know how what we are putting in place will scale nationally (and, in time, internationally).
As Head of Data, you’ll partner with product, engineering, and design leadership, as well as leaders in Operations, Chef Success, and in the local markets to establish the product strategy, OKRs, and roadmap.
- Define best practices for data quality, backup, and storage.
- Work with other teams to determine data needs and opportunities.
- Manage available data resources to effectively prioritize the most impactful projects across the company.
- Define and execute a technical data strategy that optimally leverages available technology.
- Hire and grow the Data team.
You’re a great fit because you...
- are highly independent.
- have a strong ability to navigate ambiguity.
- act with urgency and ownership to shape a successful environment for your team.
- enjoy the pace and ownership that comes with a startup environment.
- have a growth mindset and believe in setting ambitious goals and learning from both success and failure.
- can effectively balance resolving critical issues that pop up with making fundamental strategic investments.
- are detail-oriented and care deeply about delivering small or large features with exceptional quality.
- are excited about developing leaders.
- have strong written and presentation skills.
- have expert knowledge of data structures and modeling.
and you have...
- developed KPI's to monitor the health of an organization.
- used data to optimize the daily operation of a business.
- managed data analysts and engineers.
- designed, developed, and implemented a data warehouse.
- created and implemented guidelines for data governance, integrity, data modeling, and quality assurance.
Health Insurance coverage.
Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly.
Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year.
Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!