CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
As an Executive Assistant, you will assist our C-level leaders, understanding business priorities, demonstrating the ability to proactively anticipate needs, and stretching outside of your comfort zone to help get stuff done.
The ideal candidate will be a master communicator, positive cultural pillar, trusted advisor, and proactive time manager which is important in a hybrid (onsite/remote) environment.
This role requires exceptional attention to detail, solid organizational skills, strong critical thinking, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Also, a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information is critical.
This is a full time hire.
- Strategically drive and manage the time of the leaders you support. This requires an understanding of what’s most important for effective calendar management, tracking deadlines, anticipating needs, recommending and gate-keeping time for strategic thought, breaks, etc.
- Organize, execute, and assist with special projects and team activities (town halls, all-hands meetings, and team social events).
- Track and submit monthly expense reports.
- Manage domestic and international travel for team members.
- Participate in meetings, ensuring all meetings have clear agendas ahead of time, take clear notes as needed, document action items and follow up to help them stay organized.
- 4+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant supporting senior-level management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience working with Google Suite
- Obsessed with details and finding solutions fast while staying incredibly organized.
- You are a collaborative team player.
- You feel comfortable working with minimum supervision and in ambiguous environments.
- You are a do-er, you get things done, you ask questions to get the information you need.
- You are a trusted advisor: consistent and reliable.
- You are excited about the idea of working in a startup that is changing the way we eat and how chefs cook!
- USD compensation
- 3 week vacation + national holidays
- Meditation & English lessons
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!