CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Lead-level Growth Product expert who has been responsible for the growth strategy of a meaningful consumer product. They should also have deep user empathy, a solid understanding of growth loops, and the ability to creatively challenge the baseline assumptions about will drive virality for CookUnity. This is not a "just optimize what we have" role - it is a “think from first principles and capitalize on a huge opportunity” role.
The product lead for the Virality Squad owns the strategy and full product experience (web + mobile) to drive customer virality for CookUnity. It’s a high-impact role that builds on one of our most exciting advantages - the huge growth we have seen in referrals and word-of-mouth. We want to double down and research/test/learn how we might be even more creative driving virality.
This role starts as an IC to ensure the right amount of focus on the core mission, but will expand to oversee all of the Growth Zone (currently the Acquisition Squad and the Virality Squad). It will then have 1-2 direct reports, with the potential for more as we are growing very quickly. You'll report directly to our Chief Product Officer, who is located in New York City and has mentored dozens of PMs on the best practices of growth and product management (in addition to running the NY Product Conference!).
As a Growth leader, you’ll partner with marketing, design, engineering, data, and CX to establish the product strategy, OKRs, and roadmap. Together, you'll run our high-tempo experimentation program and deliver outcomes at a rapid pace. It's a combination of optimization of our current (successful) referral program, with foundational research, creative thinking, and smart testing around how to drive our growth loops at an even faster pace.
This is a full-time hire.
- Own the company’s viral growth strategy.
- Drive the product development process of our Virality Squad.
- Find and prioritize high potential ideas to work on that delivery on that strategy.
- Keep internal and external team members up-to-date.
- Use data and empathy to understand our users in order to encourage faster viral growth and partner with Marketing to attract more subscribers that are a great fit for CookUnity.
- Partner with our UX Researcher to frequently interview users, conduct surveys, and use other techniques to deeply learn about customers' needs.
- Dig in to understand data patterns with our Product Analysts.
- Write clear, efficient product specs.
- Run effective A/B tests to validate new features.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, at least 2+ years focused on consumer-facing growth.
- Deep understanding of growth loops and how to prioritize the highest potential experiments to drive rapid growth.
- A strong data-driven, analytical mindset to set hypotheses, narrow in on opportunities, and drive impact on KPIs.
- Experience with:
- High-tempo experimentation - especially A/B testing (tools: Optimizely, Google Optimize, or home-grown A/B testing tools)
- Funnel optimization and in-depth analytics - leveraging segmentation to improve conversion (tools: Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Segment, CRM tools)
- User research to gain a deep understanding - focused on the needs/pains/opportunities directly from customers (tools: UserTesting, Grain, Typeform)
- Design techniques to quickly validate ideas - in partnership with design, particularly leveraging good judgement on when to use each type (tools: Figma, Framer, paper!)
- Agile/scrum development methodologies - with the ability to lead a team towards an ambitious goal (tools: Clubhouse, Pivotal Tracker, etc)
- You are able to frame the right problem, generate and prioritize ideas, involving key stakeholders in the process.
- You have excellent communication skills, especially when it comes to articulating business logic to technical partners.
- You are a DO-er. You get things done with others and across teams with a problem-solving mindset and avoiding unnecessary conflict.
- You care about delivering small or large features with exceptional quality.
- You excel by collaborating with designers, engineers, marketers, and company leaders, while setting the tone for fast decision-making.
- Experience with consumer subscription products is highly valued.
- You are excited by the opportunity to grow into a leadership role as the company expands.
- Health Insurance coverage.
- Stock Options plan.
- Fitness subsidies.
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly.
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!