CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Customer Support Agent with experience in customer support, who wants to improve our client's experience and leave a mark on their lives.
The main role is helping customers understand the product, answering questions, clearing up doubts about our meals and service, and solve day-to-day issues, making each of them feel unique and heard. You’ll be part of an exciting, growing team designed to take our support to the next level.
Our operations and subscribers are growing month to month. We're launching our second kitchen in Los Angeles so new challenges are yet to come. Not one day is alike in the Customer Experience Team, and most of the time you'll be handling different cases that require time-sensitive responses. Always on and customer-obsessed attitude are critical to achieving the best results in this role.
Agents will report to the Customer Service Supervisor.
Note: Our Kitchen Operations runs from Friday to Wednesday. You will be assigned a schedule that may include evenings, weekends, or holidays. These schedules will be adjusted periodically to meet the needs of our business.
- Handle all inbound requests from our customers and solve their issues providing an outstanding experience in every interaction
- Address time-sensitive issues, such as payments, account questions, delivery issues, or troubleshooting by email or chat in a timely manner
- Assist clients with any and all questions and concerns regarding their subscription, product, and service overall
- Escalate critical cases and exceptions to CS Supervisor for proper follow up
- Process orders, forms, applications, and general subscription requests
- Develop a deep expertise in our product, key differentiators and the value it provides to our customers
- You have at least 3+ years of experience handling inbound customer issue resolution using email, phone, and/or chat.
- You have an outstanding level of English (oral and written) and effective communication skills
- You are customer centric and love helping people
- You are very organized, even under pressure
- You have a positive attitude, great people skills, supportive and your are willing to go the extra mile for a team member
- Your North Stars are Quality and Empathy
- If you have knowledge of nutritional information and fine dining, we would love to speak with you!
- USD compensation
- 3 week paid vacation
- English classes and Meditation sessions
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Awesome opportunity to join a company who is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!