Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination
Axon’s Software Services and Sales (SWSS) Team is looking for a Sr. Engineering Manager who will be responsible for a squad of engineers. That squad builds pipelines on the data integration, management, and analytics platform alongside Axon’s newest public safety technology products. This platform will automate officer’s workflows and offer law enforcement administrators and crime analysts flexible access to key crime data, decision support, state and federal crime reports, and criminal investigation insights.
Axon has led the global effort to protect life through electric weapons, body cameras, a number of real-time sensors, public safety software products and AI tools. Axon is uniquely positioned to tie together every aspect of an incident in order to help law enforcement agencies better prepare for what might happen, respond efficiently and effectively, deliver justice, ensure the well being of their officers, and increase the safety of communities. Working together with our customers and product teams, you will build the foundation for Axon’s outcome-oriented data efforts.
What You'll Do
Location: Remotely from the United States
Reports to: Director, SWSS, Customer Solution Engineering
Direct Reports: 4-7
- Lead a squad of Engineers, providing guidance and process oversight
- Mentor newer members of the Customer Solution Engineering team
- Work with account management to ensure customer needs are being met
- Identify key Integration and Conversion challenges, propose solutions, and seek feedback from leadership and stakeholders.
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable.
- Accountable to internal stakeholders for resource allocation and team performance
- Influence peers, advise leaders, coach and mentor junior team members.
- Develop and maintain automated processes that support Axon's product deployment and evolution at scale.
- Ensure the highest level of service in Axon software deployments
What You Bring
- 3-5 years of people management experience in technical capacity
- Experience managing complex projects from start to finish
- Comprehensive experience working with customer workflows
- Managerial experience with developing teams, and anticipating future demand
- Effective communication with both technical and non-technical people, including clients and vendors
- Experience developing and maintaining production systems
- Experience working with Azure Pipelines and/or Dataflows is a plus
- Familiarity in at least one scripting language, Python, Bash, or similar
- Must pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background check and maintain confidential and highly sensitive information.
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.