Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
As a senior engineer on the team, you will be intimately involved in the architecture decisions that will shape this product. You live and breathe device software that require high stability and fast, consistent performance. You love working with the latest open source technologies, and can leverage your system design skills to make the right technical decisions on a system that needs to be bullet-proof.
Not only can you drive decisions among competing engineering trade-offs, your empathy with customers allows you to intuit innovative solutions for our customer problems. You will be working closely with product managers and designers to ensure we are building the right solution for our customers. You also enjoy mentoring other engineers, and love to be a hands-on teacher helping to up level the engineers around you.
Join us to work with a passionate, mission-driven group of folks who want to positively impact the lives of first responders and those that they serve.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remote anywhere in the US or Canada, or onsite in Seattle, WA or Scottsdale, AZ
Reports To: Sr Engineering Manager
- Lead engineering architecture design reviews
- Lead key initiatives within Connected Devices
- Set a high technical bar for the team through code and architecture design reviews
- Mentor other engineers, including Senior Engineers
- Work across teams with Product, Design, and Engineering to create integrated solutions that delight our customers
- Improve our Engineering process, including long-term thinking, sprint planning and stand-ups
- Build software that adheres to our high bar on stability and latency in this mission-critical space
- Work with the latest open source technologies
What You Bring
- 7+ years experience of professional software development in C++, Go, Rust and/or another systems programming language
- 7+ years experience writing unit, integration and/or system level tests
- 3+ years mentoring junior team members and/or leading small teams
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design and code quality verification
- Experience with Embedded Linux development and/or RTOS
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 120,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 230,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 200,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 350,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.