Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
- Manage and grow revenue and market share at designated agencies to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve Axon's strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain team relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth
- Results-Oriented: Meet and exceed assigned monthly, quarterly and annual sales revenue and productivity targets assigned
- Customer Experience: Ensure consistent delivery of amazing service
- Staffing: Accepts responsibility for the monthly revenue production of the sales headcount assigned. In the event of turnover, the Sales Director understands that replacement personnel must already be hired, trained and ready to perform
- Report Development: Monitor and track sales reports’ individual performance, strengths and areas of opportunity, while also being able to clearly communicate evaluations and execute developmental steps (Performance Improvement Plans)
- Coach, develop, and mentor sales reports to drive continuous improvement in sales skills and product knowledge
- Coach reps through developing account strategy to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions
- Manage Activities: Ensure activity standards are being delivered. Demonstrate clear ability to correlate activity standards with Business Results. Ensure use of Salesforce.com and accuracy of metrics
- Role Model and Coach: The Axon Sales Director must be the most effective and skilled sales resource on the team. Able to teach sales skills and track record of exceeding annual sales objectives are fundamental requirements. The Axon Sales Director must be an exceptional representation of professionalism at all times
- Collaboration: Work with other Axon business functions to improve ability to improve the effectiveness of cross-functional processes
- Training: Work with other sales leads to identify, prepare and execute incremental sales skills or product training in order to improve close ratios and increase productivity
- Forecasting: Must be able to confidently predict daily/monthly/quarterly/annual sales bookings utilizing pipeline management for each sales report. Must commit and take responsibility for the accuracy and achievement of the sales forecast
- Reporting: Verify daily results, productivity measures, and assist with commission tracking
- Process Improvement: Interface with various groups within Axon to help improve the overall sales process as well as drive the strategic initiatives of the sales group
- Communication: Meet with each sales report individually for a weekly 1:1 to review previous month’s results, lessons learned and areas for improvement. Regularly travel with reps to coach through sales and assist with the sales process
- The Axon Sales Director will demonstrate an understanding of how to motivate employees and have an understanding of how to manage recognition/rewards for employees.
- Performance Management: Coach lowest performers for improvement and replace those that do not respond.
- Spirit of Intent: Understanding of the essential role of Management is to deliver business results through people. The Axon Sales Director understands the responsibility of knowing and demonstrating the key values of Axon in everything that he/she does.
- 6-10+ years of combined demonstrated successful Enterprise Sales & Management experience.
- Proven track record of achieving measurable business results goals in a complex sales environment. Must demonstrate history of quantifiable success.
- Proven track ability to understand and act on information contained within a daily, metric-intense organization.
- Experience in creating constructive working relationships amongst departments.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organization skills.
- Proficient in SalesForce.com, MS Word, MS Excel.
- Willingness to travel 75%+
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.