Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We are building a new product that will help first responders at the most critical moment – when they’re responding to a call for service. How do we get first responders the right information, at the right time, and in the right format, so that they can arrive at the scene prepared and ready to act? How can we equip them to coordinate with each other and their partners (fire, medical, other neighboring agencies)? The right solution will utilize intelligent mapping and routing, real-time communications, applications of artificial intelligence, and a heavy focus on making industry-leading experiences usable for both for first responders doing 60 MPH in a 35 zone and for dispatchers handling hundreds of calls a day.
Check out our future vision for Axon products here: https://vimeo.com/333871354
Check out our future vision for our records product here: https://vimeo.com/221924983
Read about our ethics board: https://www.axon.com/info/ai-ethics
We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind and deliberately avoids red tape, unnecessary rituals, politics, and jerks.
We believe we can only succeed if we deeply understand our customers and get to know them personally. We spend a lot of time with law enforcement officers and other first responders to learn about their needs, watch their experience and see the real impact of our work. Your first ride-along with a patrol officer will forever change your perception of what the job is, and what the city is like.
What about the day-to-day?
You will lead all research for the Dispatch experience, be a resource for methods and techniques, and a strategic partner to Product Management and Engineering. On any given day you may find yourself:
- Meeting with stakeholders to define an upcoming usability study
- Conduct a user interview.
- Analyze survey results and put together a presentation for stakeholders
- Document findings of a recent study to share across teams
- Talk to a Product Designer and Product Manager about how to best address a usability issue uncovered in a recent study
- Review the latest build and talk to an Engineer about a bug you found
- Attend a Product Design team meeting and discuss open usability questions that need to get answered
- Answer a question from a Product Manager about appropriate sample size or which method to use
- Lead UX Research for the Dispatch experience.
- Define and drive both qualitative as well as quantitative user data gathering efforts to effectively inform product planning, design and development.
- Build and maintain a research roadmap for the Dispatch team.
- Drive the process of defining a set of satisfaction/pulse check criteria to measure product effectiveness, satisfaction and engagement.
- Evolve best practices for recruiting participants, attending usability sessions and accessing usability research recommendations.
- Inspire the team and company to gather better user data and to act on it appropriately.
- Mentor other UX and Product team members around effective qualitative and quantitative user data gathering methods.
- 3+ years conducting effective user research by applying a broad range of methodologies including in-person and remote usability testing, site visits, concept testing and surveys.
- Bachelor''s degree in one of these disciplines: Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, or similar. Master's degree is preferred.
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user date.
- Must love diving into complex user research problems and navigating ambiguity.
- Extensive end-to-end experience with all aspects of usability research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Solid experience working closely with UX Design, Product, and Engineering teams on gathering and implementation of research recommendations
- Experience with defining and reporting on product instrumentation or analytics data is considered a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is considered a plus
- You have a portfolio that includes examples of strategic research with significant business outcome
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.