Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a Sr. ML Engineer, you will build multiple ML platforms for data, architecture, model training/evaluation, pipeline inference in AI/ML projects including computer vision and acoustics understanding. You will be collaborating with other research scientists and machine learning engineers, and be actively involving the entire AI innovation life cycle from model prototyping to deployment and continuous learning.
The ideal candidate will have a consistent track record of successfully delivering end-to-end systems to scale AI-based product development and deployment with hands-on execution. We need someone willing to be fearless and more than willing to take on bold challenges. By accelerating adoption of our technologies, you'll help protect life in public safety for both officers and the communities they serve around the world.
- Deliver novel, strategic AI-enabled solutions with diverse skills in distributed machine learning training workflows, edge AI, data engineering and tools both in the cloud and on-device.
- Collaborate with science, tech and product teams on defining, architecting and building data ingestion systems and model training pipelines from experimentation to deployment, monitoring and continuous performance improvement.
- Impact our investment in ML Platform Engineering initiatives at Axon, by bringing own expertise and deep knowledge of the state-of-the-art to introduce new machine learning training and inference workflows to solve Customer problems pertaining to at least one product pillar.
Required Skills & Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field.
- 3-5+ years of software engineering experience and a proven track record of successfully architecting and building highly available, low latency systems for high traffic applications
- Proficiency in ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
- Designed and built multiple complex, scalable, high throughput, low latency streaming/batch processing machine learning pipelines for both data and algorithm execution
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with major cloud environments (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud)
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to dive into system architecture, design, performance metrics, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations
- Comfort communicating and interacting with scientists, engineers and ML/product managers
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field
- Hands-on experience in solving Computer Vision or Acoustics Understanding problems under business setting.
- Familiarity with IoT/Edge AI and optimizing ML pipelines to run on-device with constrained compute, power and latency budgets
Compensation and Benefits:
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.