AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 450 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting and disseminating key performance indicators; and by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of complex external financial statements and all related filings as well as implementation and design of internal controls.
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience at either public accounting firms, large public organizations, or SaaS companies. “Big 4” experience preferable.
- Previous experience involving the application of US GAAP and SEC reporting experience required. Previous experience implementing SOX controls is a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-tech, start-up, or similar company.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Workiva or other financial statement reporting tool is a plus.
- Organized, self-motivated with a growth mindset, detailed-oriented.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced team environment with the ability to clearly articulate requests to cross-functional business partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare quarterly and annual US GAAP Financials, including footnotes and supporting schedules.
- Prepare monthly US GAAP adjustments to book to ERP system on a timely basis for the month-end close.
- Assist with external audit procedures for quarterly and annual US GAAP and foreign statutory audits.
- Conduct technical accounting research and document accounting whitepapers for complex transactions, technical issues, recent accounting pronouncements and other relevant complex matters that arise in the course of business.
- Develop and document accounting policies and manuals in accordance with US GAAP and coordinate with various departments to ensure compliance if necessary.
- Assist in the documentation and evaluation of financial and business processes in support of the development of internal controls and SOX compliance requirements.
- Assist and maintain primary statements, financial reporting schedules and footnotes by automatizing the process of generating a full set of financial statements (i.e., setting up financial reporting software, assisting in data migration between ERP and reporting tool, reconciling all data between each other).
- Assist with any ad-hoc assignments related to financial reporting, technical accounting, and relevant research. Support and back-up other members of finance and accounting as needed.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.